Senior Manager, Global Spend Transparency
The Global Spend Transparency Senior Manager plays a leadership role on the Global Spend Transparency team by owning and driving end to end execution of reporting requirements and related processes and controls. This role will act as a trusted business partner for Transparency, driving cross-functional partnership, management, and leadership with colleagues across the organization. This role will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting, leading initiatives and delivering impactful, innovative solutions. This role serves as the primary business partner for Senior Leaders.
- Responsible for driving and executing reporting, including requirements tracking, development of assumptions, methodologies, and processes that are audit ready; ownership of report creation and readouts to senior leaders both in market and across broad regions;
- business partnership and stakeholder management across all levels of regionally defined organizational frameworks.
- Ownership of specific requirements within region, including but not limited to GDPR impacts to disclosure, changes to landscape, company expansion evolving transparency reporting. (e.g. International region, North America Region). Establishes and defines strategic priorities and executes on all deliverables based on regulatory deadlines for disclosures, business needs, and program needs through strong project management and resource management.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Regularly interacts and communicates with senior leaders and influences on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or external stakeholders.
- Leads initiatives within and beyond direct scope of ownership, delivering impactful results that are clearly communicated to cross functional stakeholders and team members
- Ensures team operational excellence, drives continuous improvement and innovation of process and operations.
- Drives regional approach to leveraging transparency data to add value to stakeholders, anticipating and delivering on business needs.
- May manage in line or dotted line employees, requiring delegation and project management of resources
- Bachelor's Degree
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.