Digital Marketing Manager, 12 month FTC
The Digital Marketing Manager will primarily contribute to the development and implementation of a Multi-Channel marketing strategy for all brands associated within a therapeutic area in the target markets. The incumbent will contribute to our key digital activities that allow Vertex to communicate the brand and portfolio messages to the target audience in a customized way. The incumbent, under guidance, will contribute to building the multi-channel approach from concept to completion to ensure that Vertex communicates more effectively via various channels and meets business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead digital initiatives within target market, working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Support commercial leads in optimizing campaigns with digital components
- Build understanding of customer preferences and drive suggestions for adapting campaign elements
- Be the first point of contact to provide support with digital channel related queries (for a specific or a selection of specific channels)
- Manage current and future targeted market commercial digital channels by setting content priorities, facilitating timely deployment, and partnering with agencies to execute required tasks
- Lead all phases of digital production and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of digital assets and campaigns (e.g., IVAs, videos)
- Establish collaborative and productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders, including commercial leads, International digital marketers, IT teams, as well as creative and digital production agencies
- Support the sales team in CRM management (VEEVA), territory reviews of customer preferences and building customer engagement plans that leverage digital tactics, optimized for each brand that supports a sequential selling approach and overall campaign management
- Assist with training initiatives by utilizing digital tactics, while identifying education gaps, and developing training across the country commercial team and relevant stakeholders
- Help establish and deliver the brand metrics and KPIs for digital components, as well as set analytics priorities for digital tactics
- Provide feedback to commercial teams on digital brand execution, sales experience with digital platforms, and opportunities for optimization of user experience
- Align legal, medical, and regulatory review team, preparing and implementing training, and supporting tactic adjustment
- Oversee budget and digital agency execution of digital tactics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to execute ‘hands on’ while being innovative and flexible
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with proven ability to explain complex information to others
- Proven ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Proven ability to work with external business partners and vendors
- Able to develop rapport and credibility with key stakeholders and comfortable leading without authority across functions and geographies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and manage complex projects that require collaboration across functional and geographic areas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment; focus on multi-tasking and self-prioritized workload
- Integrity and diversity mindset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, scientific area or related field required
- Experience in a commercial pharma role (Marketing, Sales, Digital) and or pharma consultancy or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Digital execution experience in multichannel and/or omnichannel marketing
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.