Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager delivers reliably and responsibly on independent activities and acts as the primary Supply Chain contact on working teams and with key contract manufacturing/logistics suppliers. The Manager has primary day to day responsibilities for a group function, either the supply chain for a given clinical trial or commercial product, or an independent contributor function such as logistics / systems administration. This is a Boston based, hybrid position (3 days/week onsite).
- Ownership of Supply Chain activities associated with the provision of Clinical Trial Material or Commercial Pharmaceutical Materials for a given project
- Acts as primary point of contact with contract manufacturing partners for a specific project/activity
- Serves as the Supply Chain representative on matrix teams for complex projects to actively participate in the development of project plans, setting project priorities, and providing input on timing, resources, and budget projections
- Forecasts and calculates supply needs in conjunction with Clinical and Supply Chain colleagues
- Interacts with Finance to develop budgets and manage costs for supply chain activities
- Executes project statements for defined activities and assists with multi-year supply agreement contract negotiation
- Supports the Supply Chain team’s development of global supply and procurement strategies including vendor selection
- Utilizes appropriate software and IT systems to effectively manage key project activities
- Takes full responsibility within scope of the position and/or materials or projects managed to work with various cross-functional groups (such as Quality, Tech Ops, Regulatory, suppliers, etc.) to proactively and collaboratively resolve issues that may block the timely flow of materials or projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in the pharmaceutical industry. Work experience must include some of the following: drug development, project management, clinical trials management, pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other functional areas such as Pharmaceutical Development, Technical Operations, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Quality Assurance/Control
- Working knowledge of regulations relating to pharmaceutical supply chain activities (cGMP, GCP, import/export, computer systems/Part 11)
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and managing, tracking, and measuring project progress.
- Displays proven effectiveness in managing customer expectations and influencing others
- Displays expertise in a supply chain discipline (e.g., production planning, clinical supplies, logistics, ERP/MPR systems administration)
- Proficient with use of applicable software systems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Manufacturing Operations-related disciplines
- 4+ year of Biotech, Pharmaceutical or CRO company related work experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.