Vertex Summer Internship, Finance, Accounting, General & Administrative (Boston, MA)
The Vertex Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
Becoming a Finance Co-Op at Vertex will give you a panoramic view of how the industry works, how decisions are made, how pipelines are built and progressed and how important your professional networks, connections and collaborations will be in defining your longer-term career experience. Our mission is to tackle serious diseases and to change lives, for the better, for the future. Our aim is to give you the skills, insights and career guidance to be an important part of that future. To turn your potential into progression. To turn possibilities into reality. To turn your ambition into a clear, defined career path.
Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
We will have various positions within our functional areas, including but not limited to:
- Accounting: responsible for accounts payable, payroll, equity, reporting, general ledger, and project accounting.
- Finance: works collaboratively with Function and Program Finance to prepare projected consolidated financial statements, companywide financial planning and analysis, presentation, and decision support materials
- Internal Audit: assists in assessing the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations
- Strategic Sourcing: responsible for processing requisitions and purchase orders for the Company. They also negotiate contracts and ensure that Vertex is earning discounts where possible.
- Tax, Treasury, and Insurance: responsible for filing Vertex’s corporate tax returns and engaging in tax and other planning activities. This group also performs cash planning.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating in Spring 2024
Program Dates: May- August 2024, Full Time
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.