Internal Communications Co-Op, Corporate Communications (Internal Communications)
The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other co-ops, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will co-ops learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
The Corporate Communications Co-Op will gain valuable experience through supporting, and in some cases leading, several important communications projects across a number of high-visibility areas across Vertex. The selected candidate will work closely with project leads and other team members on several defined projects, as well as provide general day-to-day support as needed.
- Writing and production of content for our employee intranet by researching, writing and packaging articles, patient stories and multimedia content.
- Writing copy for event promotion and digital signage
- Support the team and business partners by helping create and execute on all-employee communications plans, including engagement/morale initiatives, HR initiatives, and general operations
- Assist with employee event production, promotion and logistics (including virtual events). For example: Fireside Chats with guest speakers, quarterly web chats, employee engagement initiatives.
- Compile metrics from communications campaigns and provide insight to help guide creation of strategy and planning for future initiatives.
- Provide support for ongoing communications initiatives and ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma and be enrolled in a degree program leading to a bachelors degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field. Graduates may also be qualified if they are enrolled in an advanced degree program.
- Legally eligible to work on-site
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Prior internship experience in the medical/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or in communications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to deliver results with limited direction and guidance and on tight deadlines; a self-starter
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Strong work ethic and tenacity
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.