Co-op Internal Audit
The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other co-ops, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will co-ops learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
The internal audit department is an independent assurance function that assists the Company in completing financial, operational and applications audits to identify process gaps, ensure adherence to Corporate policies and to identify controls to mitigate risks to the Company. Additionally, internal audit tests internal controls over financial reporting on behalf of management and manages the overall SOX process. During this 6-month program, the Internal Audit co-op will assist with the execution of both Information Technology and Business audits, including audit planning, detailed testing, and reporting. The individual will work cross functionally with members of Global Information Services and cross-functionally as applicable. The individual will also work to perform learning enhanced routine tasks for the Internal Audit department including but not limited to SOX reporting, gathering information for quarterly audit committee meetings, making updates to SOX controls within our risk and governance application Service Now, and taking meeting minutes for certain periodically scheduled internal meetings.
- Assist Internal Auditors with the planning and execution of audits, internal applications and systems, and data analytical projects;
- Document audit work papers, track and monitor audit issues utilizing audit related software;
- Assist the Service Now team lead in project planning, project management and execution of test plans for GRC enhancements, SOX certifications and automation of internal audit workpapers;
- Assist the SOX team lead in management of the SOX process by taking meeting minutes, creating weekly agendas, making changes to GRC and assisting on operational audit testing;
- Work collaboratively with business and IT partners while building strong client relationships; and
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Self-motivated, strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite; and
- A desire to experience and learn from of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming lives of people with serious diseases, their family and society
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating January 2024
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.