Global Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Platform Leader
The Global Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Platform Leader will define the strategy and lead the delivery of the Dotmatics ELN product suite across global Research. In this role you will identify capabilities and solutions within the Dotmatics product suite and solutions from the broader Dotmatics eco-system that addresses Vertex’s current and future business needs. You will work closely with the VP of Research Technology and Business Engagement Leads to co-create the roadmap of future capabilities that will power Vertex’s expansion into new disease and research areas. In your role as the Global ELN Platform Leader, you will define platform requirements, ensure solution quality, navigate milestones and challenges, and respond to feedback from the end-user research community.
Who you are: You are a people leader who owns the relationship with our vendor partners that will deliver the solution. You are a curious, analytical, and creative thinker who can work with technical and scientific stakeholders across research, engineering, and vendors to deliver solutions that are fit for purpose. You can drive ambiguity and complexity through stakeholder engagement. You are up for a challenge and understand that change requires continuous communication, consensus building, and negotiation to yield results. If you are that person, we encourage you to apply to this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, execute, and adapt the vision and strategy for the Global Research ELN at Vertex across geographies, modalities, and scientific disciplines
- Work with vendors and internal business partners to produce a product roadmap and rollout strategy
- Serve as Technical SME for enhancements, software upgrades, implementations, and integration projects providing product expertise and quality assurance, including leading technical design sessions, conducting code reviews, and testing as required
- Partner with Vertex scientists to understand their processes, document, and manage business and technical requirements
- Build deep, cross-functional relationships within and across DTE (Data, Technology, and Engineering) org and Research
- Facilitate system related architectural reviews as needed
- Agile - Experience working within and leading in an AGILE team framework
- Identification and analysis of business drivers to develop architecture requirements for a complex portfolio of programs/projects
- Analyze technology, markets, and industry trends to determine impact upon the enterprise or function.
- Develop future state blueprints that meet strategic business objectives and ensure the appropriate level of quality. Develops architecture roadmaps to meet these objectives.
- Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies
- As a people manager within the organization, has financial accountabilities and human resource responsibilities for assigned staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly specialized experience in Dotmatics product suite
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Dotmatics implementation, program management, business analysis, and full life-cycle cloud implementation
- BioPharma Research ELN experience in configuring Dotmatics ELN or equivalent, and integration experience with other common systems and functions such as LIMS, Registration, Genedata etc.
- Strong track record for developing new talent, commitment to diversity, and understanding the value of the team
- Experience leading and directing the work of teams in a highly matrixed environment. This includes performance management, hiring, and development and termination.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, software engineering or other related technology degree.
- 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong familiarity with the drug discovery and development process and associated scientific workflows
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.