Vertex Co-op Program, Supply Chain and Manufacturing (Boston, MA) January - June 2024
The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other co-ops, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will co-ops learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
A Supply Chain Co-op at Vertex is responsible for a wide variety of administrative activities within Commercial Supply Chain. Activities typically consist of well-defined support tasks that are performed independently as well as projects of increased complexity completed under close supervision.
- Provides logistics support including coordination and prioritization of planned shipments as well as shipment tracking and troubling shooting distribution related issues
- Coordinates with external contract manufacturing partners for the collection and review of inventory reports for Vertex materials. Prepares Vertex inventory summaries as required
- Works with senior Supply Chain and Quality staff to conduct transactions for material creation, movement and use in Vertex’s material management software system
- Ensures completion and tracking of supply chain supply-related documentation
- Assists with issues affecting the development of production and inventory plans
- Assists with the development and maintenance of relationships with third-party suppliers
- Responsible for handling accountability and destruction of rejected, returned or unusable materials
- Assists senior Supply Chain and Finance staff tracking supply chain activities and contracts
- Oversight and maintenance of the Supply Chain Map program
- Takes full responsibility within scope of the position and/or materials or projects managed to work with various cross-functional groups (such as Quality, Tech Ops, Regulatory, suppliers, etc.) to proactively and collaboratively resolve issues that may block the timely flow of materials or projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Displays ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced environment.
- Possesses strong organization skills
- Possesses ability to work well both independently and in a team setting
- Detail oriented
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to assist in the execution of projects of diverse scope and complexity
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating in January 2024
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.