Co-op Corporate Communications - Scientific Writing and Disease Area Communications
The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other co-ops, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will co-ops learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
The Co-op Corporate Communications - Scientific Writing and Disease Area Communications will gain valuable experience through supporting, and in some cases leading, several important communications projects across the disease areas in our research pipeline at Vertex. In pipeline communications, we work across the company to create both internal and external content about our disease and program areas, program announcements and research at Vertex. The selected candidate will work closely with project leads and other cross-functional team members on several defined projects, as well as provide general day-to-day support as needed.
- Writing and production of pipeline-related content for our employee intranet by researching, writing and packaging articles, patient and employee stories and multimedia content.
- Supporting disease affinity recognition throughout the year by writing internal and external content to educate our audiences and raise awareness for a given disease area
- Supporting the team and business partners by helping create and execute on communications plans for pipeline announcements and content campaigns (such as launching a video series)
- Supporting pipeline social media content channels with copy for disease recognition and pipeline-related conferences
- Compile metrics from communications campaigns and provide insight to help guide creation of strategy and planning for future initiatives.
- Provide support for ongoing communications initiatives and ad hoc projects, as needed
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Understanding of the scientific method and scientific concepts
- Prior internship experience in the medical/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, or in communications
- Ability to deliver results with limited direction and guidance and on tight deadlines - a self-starter
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Strong work ethic and tenacity
- Must have a high school diploma and be enrolled in a degree program leading to a bachelors degree in a scientific field, journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field. Graduates may also be qualified if they are enrolled in an advanced degree program.
- Legally eligible to work on-site
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating January 2024
Pay Range $20.00 – $35.00 USD/hour
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer. The range provided is a reasonable estimate for the pay range for this job at the time of posting. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. The actual pay rate will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.