Co-op Social Media
The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other co-ops, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will co-ops learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
The Corporate Communications team works cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company to advance and protect our reputation as a different kind of biotech company – one focused on serial innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious diseases.
As an intern/Co-op on the Brand & Digital Media team you will assist with the day-to-day management of Vertex’s Corporate social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to the content creation, digital strategy, audience targeting, and analysis of performance metrics.
- Manage Vertex’s Corporate social media content calendar
- Assist in writing content for Vertex’s Corporate social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Work alongside content producers to help distribute content via the appropriate social media platforms and target audience
- Monitor and respond to comments, mentions, and direct messages in a timely and compliant manner
- Gain an understanding of Vertex’s social strategy and how to reach various audiences on each social channel
- Track, report, and provide analysis of social channel metrics and post-campaign performance
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Marketing/Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Analytics
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong interest in digital trends and analytics
- Team oriented
- Data driven
- Legally eligible to work on-site
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating January 2024
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.