Senior Administrative Assistant
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides experienced office/business support to a department. The Senior Administrative Assistant generally reports directly to a(n) Country Manager, Executive Director or Vice President-level manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages calendars for assigned personnel, including meeting scheduling (both internal and off-site meetings), accepting/declining invites, meeting prioritization, securing conference rooms, ordering catering and "day-of" logistical and administrative support
- Serves as a departmental resource for Vertex's internal technologies (i.e; Procurement, SharePoint, Concur, Vertex U, VLearn, etc.)
- Coordinates activities between departments and/or outside parties including operations/facilities support to site/office
- Exchanges and integrates information from stakeholders into departmental reports
- Books flights/hotels, completes expense reports, and arranges team lunches/dinners and offsite meetings for assigned personnel
- Based on established departmental procedures, prioritizes and addresses requests for appointments, e-mails and telephone calls; directly handles most requests but routes complex or unusual problems to more senior personnel
- Coordinates and helps prepare meeting materials, including meeting agenda preparation/distribution, collecting/printing meeting pre-reads, minute- or note-taking and assembling/editing PowerPoint presentations
- Processes group purchase orders, invoices, and contracts
- Assists with visitor registration, including pre-registering and escorting visitors
- Assists with the onboarding of new personnel into the department
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent in English and German language, both spoken and written
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Developed time management skills and organizational skills to prioritize work and/or multi-task
- Keen attention to detail
- Discretion to handle sensitive and confidential correspondence
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires administrative experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.