Vertex Co-op Program, Accounting, Tax, Treasury (Boston, MA) January - June 2024
Becoming a Co-Op at Vertex will give you a panoramic view of how the industry works, how decisions are made, how pipelines are built and progressed and how important your professional networks, connections and collaborations will be in defining your longer-term career experience. Our mission is to tackle serious diseases and to change lives, for the better, for the future. Our aim is to give you the skills, insights and career guidance to be an important part of that future. To turn your potential into progression. To turn possibilities into reality. To turn your ambition into a clear, defined career path.
We will have various positions within our Finance and Accounting functional areas, including but not limited to:
- Accounting: responsible for accounts payable, payroll, equity, reporting, general ledger, and project accounting.
- Internal Audit: assists in assessing the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations
- Tax, Treasury, and Insurance: responsible for filing Vertex’s corporate tax returns and engaging in tax and other planning activities. This group also performs cash planning.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating in January 2024
Program Dates: January- June 2024, Full Time
Pay Range $20.00 – $35.00 USD/hour
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer. The range provided is a reasonable estimate for the pay range for this job at the time of posting. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. The actual pay rate will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.