Market Access Analytics & Insights Associate Director
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking an Associate Director, Managed Markets @ Analytics reporting to the Senior Director of US Market Access Analytics Center of Excellence.
The Associate Director within the Pricing, Analytics & Contract Management (PACM) department is a vital and strategic role in our growing team. This position will serve to lead insight generation and the enablement of (MA) market access specific insights across our small molecule assets, including use of analytics tools, syndicated and secondary resources while informing new capabilities to drive enhanced launch, bid and contract decision making. The role will be to actively monitor payer, IDN, policy, competitor, and market conditions to inform critical decisions and shape future access strategies.
This position is a hybrid based role in our Boston Seaport office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate insights to advise US market access readiness launches including evaluating in-market analogs, launch pricing, payer/PBM utilization management, HCP/hospital economics (e.g. white, brown bagging, buy-bill, etc.) employer/broker, value based agreements and other related landscape activities.
• Inform brand Launch Readiness plans including analyses of payer, employer landscape, pricing/contracting; leverage syndicated and desk research to inform critical customer and competitor trends
• Inform and support future pre and post contract evaluations with contracting operations teams. This may include analog assessments, volume and geographic considerations, utilization management trends, customer and competitor intelligence gathering.
• Shape the integration of access-specific data and analytics to inform deliverables as well as policy impacts and related work. Identify optimal analytic approaches including leveraging critical supplier partners. Manage resources, timing, and overall project goals efficiently.
• Serve as an advocate in integrating MA insights sourced across Vertex teams – Market Access Strategy, PACM, Commercial analytics forums and field teams; develop strong partnerships with insights/analytics teams in support of market access goals. Develop subject matter expertise.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of growing in complexity and ambiguity, and with experience in effectively collaborating with key business partners
- Leads projects to develop strategic insight to senior leadership for decision making
- Provide critical insights to the pricing teams that will inform the net pricing and contract strategy related activities
- Serve as a subject matter expert on trends related to key drivers of trends through proactive research and analysis of various data sources, industry publications and engagement of internal/external stakeholders as it relates to payer and segment mix, business intelligence dashboards, reporting and related analytics
- Execute Payer, Hospital and Trade analytics plan in coordination with Brand, MAS, Trade and PACM to derive payer insights from secondary payer datasets integrated with related data assets in support of brand access strategy.
- Provide in-depth, expertise-based oversight and delivery of managed markets analysis including account segmentation and control/sophistication assessment.
- USMA Disease Area Analytics Lead (attends ACCESS Meetings, supports MAS Lead) and represent USMA at Commercial-wide Disease Area Analytic Forums
- Tracks payer coverage/formularies and utilization management controls
- Partners with and provides input to USMA CRM team.
- Partner with COE members to build dashboards and direct the design process, translating from business stakeholders to the final dashboard or reporting solution.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, 6+ years of insights, analytics and reporting is required
- Exceptional analytics and technical data skills with experience creating and/or supporting complex models
- Strong understanding of the US payer and channel landscape
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required; strong to expert proficiency in Tableau/Power BI, SQL and other advanced analytics tools/software such as SAS (SAS Base)
- Ability to communicate confidently and succinctly to senior leaders
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas
- The candidate will proactively deliver advanced analyses and insights to support current and projected commercial products market access
- Is highly proficient at stakeholder management, leading external analytics to deliver compelling learnings, and formulating analytical strategies appropriate for the issue at hand
- Strong story telling skills; ability to distill complex information synthesized into concise and impactful messages and communications
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to proactively develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Basic understanding of statutory government pricing methodologies
- Basic understanding of state and federal policies impacting market access, distribution and gross-to-net impacts
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.