Health Economics & Outcomes Research Associate Director - Pain
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Associate Director - pain to join the North America HEOR team. This role will support and develop key HEOR tactics to ensure successful commercialization of novel NaV 1.8 inhibitors for acute and chronic pain in the United States (US) and Canada. This person will work in a highly cross-functional matrix team environment to ensure a seamless alignment of HEOR projects within the broader market access, policy, and medical strategy. This person is expected to exhibit a strong sense of urgency to achieve corporate objectives while maintaining the highest ethical, regulatory and scientific standards. This position reports to the Director, Pain launch lead, North America HEOR.
- Own development of tactics for innovative HEOR solutions and deliverables that directly support optimal patient access to exa-cel in the US and Canada throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Drive the development of external customer-facing value demonstration tools in accordance with regulatory standards, in close collaboration with formal review bodies (e.g., Commercial Review Committee; Medical Review Committee) while supporting appropriate field teams (e.g., field HEOR, payer team)
- Work closely with global HEOR team to provide the US and Canadian perspective to evidence generation activities and to ensure timely and effective translation of HEOR studies for field use
- Directly engage with external customers (e.g., payer accounts) to deliver HEOR presentations when appropriate/requested
- Own execution of local HEOR studies in partnership with customers (e.g., payers, integrated health systems)
- Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MD, MPH, or PharmD) in a scientific discipline.
- Typically requires 8+ years of experience, with substantial background in HEOR, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. US launch experience in pain and/or other primary market experience is preferred.
- Robust understanding of the 2018 FDA Payor Guidance to payer communication in the US is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the HTA process and methodology; hands-on experience with HTA dossier submission and review is preferred.
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications demonstrating experience in COAs, observational research, and/or health economic modeling.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively present to both internal and external audiences
- Results oriented and excellent analytic and project management skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to patients
This is a hybrid eligible role requiring at least 3 days on-site in Boston office.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.