Health Economics & Outcomes Research Associate Director, Pain
Vertex is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join its Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) group in Boston, MA. This role supports the full portfolio of pain assets and indications, including VX-548.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Director is to shape and execute on strategies that optimize the supporting evidence and value proposition of Vertex’s pipeline assets for acute and chronic pain through each stage of the development, launch and post launch phases. This position reports to the Senior Director HEOR, Global Pain.
Position Location: Boston, MA (3 days onsite, 2 days remote - weekly)
- Provides strategic recommendation of available real-world data (RWD) sources to execute on Pain market access evidence generation, including feasibility assessment of registries and RWD from a wide range of geographies
- Executes HEOR evidence generation studies including: prospective and retrospective observational studies, meta-analyses and systematic literature reviews, clinical outcome assessment measure development and validation studies, cost-effective analyses and budget impact models, as needed, to support the asset value
- Applies best practices to provide key input into the design of Vertex’s observational research and clinical studies
- Executes key HEOR pre-launch/launch deliverables
- Gathers and synthesizes insights from Payers, HCPs, Policymakers and HEOR experts; stays current with scientific and policy trends and best practices and applies strategic and content expertise to strategy planning
- Working with the Senior Director, HEOR, represent HEOR needs for Pain portfolio assets and indications on cross functional teams when required
- Support the Senior Director, HEOR with launch planning activities including leading training on HEOR evidence & deliverables, HTA submission support & planning as required
- Communicates complex health economic and outcomes research findings internally and externally
- Collaborates with the Medical Communications team on publication strategy and ensures that the dissemination of HEOR evidence is timely and has maximum impact
- An advanced degree (e.g., PhD, PharmD, MPH, MS) and an educational focus in a relevant discipline in the areas of health economics or outcomes research
- Typically requires 8 years of combined consulting and or biopharmaceutical industry in health economics and outcomes research, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A strong track record of publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals and presenting at scientific meetings
- Technical expert in HEOR able to formulate and lead complex research projects ensuring that study conduct is technically and scientifically rigorous, reflects best HEOR practices and managed to timelines and budgets
- Strong attention to detail and quality focused
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to effectively present technical data and complex concepts to diverse audiences
- A track record of success functioning in dynamic, matrix environments with the ability to multitask seamlessly
- Ability to apply knowledge of healthcare systems, global health technology appraisals requirements, and clinical development, to identify evidence gaps and propose evidence generation strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry, with spotless history of compliance and ethical workplace conduct
- Prior experience in feasibility assessment of real-world data sources preferred
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.