Vertex Summer Internship, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Project Management (Boston, MA)
The Vertex Intern Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our Co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are RELENTLESS" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other students, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will students learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be RELENTLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
We are seeking a Supply Chain Intern to join Vertex for an internship experience this summer in our commercial department. Your responsibilities as a Supply Chain Intern may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with external contract manufacturing partners for the collection and review of inventory reports for Vertex materials. Prepares Vertex inventory summaries as required
- Working with senior Supply Chain and Quality staff to conduct transactions for material creation, movement and use in Vertex’s material management software system
- Ensuring completion and tracking of supply chain supply-related documentation
- Assisting with issues affecting the development of production and inventory plans
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of relationships with third-party suppliers
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating in Spring 2024
- 3.0 GPA Preferred
Program Dates: May-August 2024 Full Time
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.