Vertex Co-op Program, Research (Boston, MA) January - June 2024
Becoming a Research Co-Op at Vertex will give you a panoramic view of how the industry works, how decisions are made, how pipelines are built and progressed and how important your professional networks, connections and collaborations will be in defining your longer-term career experience. Our mission is to tackle serious diseases and to change lives, for the better, for the future. Our aim is to give you the skills, insights and career guidance to be an important part of that future. To turn your potential into progression. To turn possibilities into reality. To turn your ambition into a clear, defined career path.
Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
We will have various positions within our functional areas, including but not limited to:
- Discovery Research is at the core of Vertex’s ability to push the science of possibility – and our pursuit of breakthrough discoveries has us seeking innovation both internally and externally. In addition to continuously seeking the best and brightest research scientists to join our team, Vertex places a great emphasis on building collaborative relationships.
- Analytical Development: works to bring medical discoveries to patients and physicians, translating molecular designs and candidate medicine molecules into manufacturable pharmaceutical materials and medicine products that could be delivered to patients.
- Discovery Core: assay execution support, culture and scale up of recombinant and primary human cells
- Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics: unites key translational disciplines to mitigate risk and increase the probability of successful clinical development
- Human Assay Technologies: supporting human cell assay development such as various 2D and 3D patient-derived cell/ tissue models to build a functional assay for drug discovery.
- Vector Core Intern will learn bioprocessing of viral vectors and assist scientific staff in the process development and production of viral vectors, to deliver AAV materials to support programs across the Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) portfolio of programs.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Majors in the following backgrounds: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Cell Biology, Cell Physiology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Genetics, or a related field of study.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating January 2024
- 3.0 GPA preferred
Program Dates: January- June 2024, Full Time
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.