Finance & Accounting Graduate Associate
Vertex Graduate Finance Programme
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that aims to discover, develop and commercialize innovative new medicines so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, MA, Vertex today has research and development sites and commercial offices around the world in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Vertex is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated candidate to join our Finance Graduate Programme based at our International HQ based at Paddington, London for an immediate start. Applicants should have recently completed a relevant degree qualification and ideally have a strong interest in a Finance role in the pharmaceutical industry.
Main Duties & Objectives
During our Finance Graduate Programme you will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. Graduates can expect to be challenged by their work, connect with other students, and feel valued by the Vertex community.
Graduates will benefit from rotations between Finance & Accounting teams to experience the breadth of the function. They will also be expected to study towards a fully-funded professional (CIMA) qualification.
- Recently completed a relevant university qualification in accounting or a related field
- Be willing to study towards professional industry (CIMA) qualification
- Good analytical skills and ability to work with large amounts of data
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong judgment and professionalism required
- Intellectual curiosity to develop a deep understanding of business issues
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and an eagerness to collaborate with colleagues (within or outside of finance)
- Must be able to work well with senior leaders, peers and junior team members
Candidates should be available to start as soon as possible
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.