Serialization Systems Senior Analyst
The Business Engagement & Technology Senior Analyst supports commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and straightforward custom solutions in support of their business partners. The Business Engagement & Technology Senior Analyst is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery and adoption of industry-leading technologies, tools, and processes in support of the Serialization function. Additionally, the Business Engagement & Technology Senior Analyst will maintain reliable, scalable and compliant systems that easily meet business needs by efficient delivery and enhancements that provides opportunities for developing and implementing innovative solutions and integrations. Additionally, through collaborations with the Data, Technology and Engineering (DTE) department, CMSC(commercial manufacturing and supply chain) and QA functions, this role is expected to build and maintain strong relationships while pushing for the development of optimal systems, processes and data infrastructure that ensures consistency and cross-functional alignment across the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their current and future state strategy, needs, and requirements from a global perspective.
- Manage day-to-day support operations, and address issues with users, systems, integrations, and production issues.
- Facilitate workshops and discussions to collect and document user stories/requirements for future state Serialization processes.
- Proactively offer solution ideas and potential business process improvements in pursuit of driving efficiencies and meeting business needs
- Provide insights on how technology can improve business processes to enable operating efficiencies and support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Develop and document functional and technical aspects for integrations to the Serialization system and other supply chain platforms like Oracle, Snowflake, etc..
- Design, perform, and document system configurations within Serialization platforms.
- Partner with offshore team members and DTE peers for platform support, as well as technical development for enhancements and projects
- Become a trusted partner of the business leaders within their remit.
- Staying up to date with region-specific track and trace requirements.
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit, and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and GxP regulations, as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management requirements.
- Gather and document business requirements and user stories from business partners
Knowledge and Skills:
- Functional/Technical knowledge in Serialization, track and trace, and supply chain systems
- Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with Tracelink configurations and partner onboarding process
- Experience working with SaaS solutions in the SCM discipline.
- Experience with systems integrations through middleware.
- Experience with system training and documentation
- Good understanding of the business, processes, and any appropriate regulatory environments
- Results-oriented contributor with a proven track record of on-time project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to various technical and non-technical audiences
- Good analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and prioritization skills
- Good system life cycle expertise
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- GS1 certification preferred but not required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology discipline or equivalent
- Requires 5 years of relevant experience in supporting business systems in the Life Sciences industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Serialization track and trace systems - functional and technical ability with configurations, solutions, and authoring training documents.
- Experience with Serialization system configurations and partner onboarding process.
- Ability to read, parse, and interpret various technical formats including EPCIS, XML, EDI, and CSV.
- Working knowledge of B2B technologies and data standards including AS2, SFTP, and Web Services.
- Help refine and execute the technology strategy by leading the evaluation, selection, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of technology solutions.
- Develop and maintain a long-term life cycle plan for the ongoing maintenance and management of systems under their responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs and functional requirements into technical or process-driven solutions.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work; problem-solve while meeting aggressive timelines.
- A collaborative and flexible team player who is willing to support a variety of activities as needed.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, and ability to deliver results with little oversight; Demonstrates good judgment.
- Highly organized and able to manage and coordinate schedules.
- Experience in GxP environments and the relevant testing requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the core disciplines of project management, business analysis, solution design, delivery, and testing.
- Strong understanding of the business, processes, and appropriate regulatory environments.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills and a strong ability to present complex or sensitive information in a clear and concise manner to various technical and non-technical audiences.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.