Regional Finance Senior Manager, 6 month FTC
The Regional Finance Senior Manager will focus on the development of the country Finance operations including forecasting, performance management, accounting, and internal controls, and will be a member of the Country Leadership Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial leadership to the Country team and partner with the local business leads
- Drive rigorous and transparent policies and procedures throughout the organization to comply with local and US requirements including generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Partner with other global functional areas to develop, improve and monitor compliance with policies and procedures including taking a leadership role on certain initiatives
- Participate in assessment and deployment of efficient systems, processes and operations
- Support internal and external audits and other professional services relationships
- Support local team in analyzing and driving market KPIs
- Partner with local team in setting and controlling field incentive scheme
- Drive the region’s monthly financial forecast and financial reporting process
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong stakeholder management skills, able to navigate the corporate landscape, quickly establish credibility and build effective, collaborative, working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify key issues and value drivers, and translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytic framework
- Ability to work under pressure while still maintaining attention to detail and effective controls
- Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities
- A track record of proactively identifying problems and gaining consensus on potential solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and financial planning and reporting systems (Hyperion, OBIEE, MicroStrategy); proficiency with simulation and scenario analysis.
- Technical knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principals and indirect tax accounting
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Membership of Professional Accounting body
- Typically requires experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or health care industries performing financial planning, sales forecasting, and business analytics within a global organization, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.