Medical Lead Haematology- Denmark and Nordics
Medical Lead Haematology provides medical expertise for specific projects within a therapeutic area (TA) and is aligned to specific medicines. The incumbent will have in-depth knowledge for those medicines. This person acts with an uncompromising commitment to patients and supports the flawless execution of TA country medical projects.
- Provides fair and balanced medical information and education to health care professionals and payers that support the safe and effective use of Vertex medicines in appropriate patients
- Builds trust through open and transparent collaboration with health care professionals, patient associations and payers
- Demonstrates consistent ethical and professional behavior, with uncompromising commitment to patients
- Knows the local health care system and keeps up to date on changes in environment in the country, including rules and regulations
- Builds reputation and visibility of Vertex at the country level by the provision of high quality medical information and education both internally and externally
- Participates in the International Medical Affairs Team
- Provides support in the assigned TA(s) to the country team; collaborates collaborate in cross-functional teams at country level
- Contributes to the local Brand Team, representing the TA (scientific and medical expertise) and ensuring all activities address patient well-being and respect data integrity
- Supports the development of reimbursement dossiers
- Supports the execution of the Country Medical plan(s) agreed with the Therapeutic Area (TA) leads and CMD
- Supports the marketing team for the development of promotional tools and initiatives in compliance with Vertex policies and local regulatory requirements
- Provides scientific training to the Marketing and Commercial teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Medical Degree
- Good understanding of Haemoglobinopathies (clinical or scientific)
- Cognizant of local regulation ruling promotion and interactions with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of any Scandinavian languages
- Skilled in working in cross-functional matrix teams
- Strong understanding of study designs, statistical methods and interpretation of scientific data
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical industry and Medical Affairs
- Understanding of Danish/ Nordics healthcare regulations
- Proven experience in designing, planning and executing medical education and communication activities
- Experience in writing or reviewing scientific communications
- Ability to travel within Denmark and Nordics as required.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.