Strategic Accounts Lead - Pain BU, SOUTHEAST
Vertex is seeking highly motivated and experienced account managers to join our US Pain Business Unit to support our journey to bring forth new options for the treatment of pain. The Strategic Accounts Lead - Pain BU will be part of the integrated delivery network field team for the US Pain Business Unit, which is preparing for potential commercialization of an investigational selective inhibitor of NaV1.8 in acute pain. We are seeking to build a team with a strong track record of engaging key decision-makers to drive access for appropriate patients. This role will be focused on the most highly prioritized IDN, GPO and GPO aggregate accounts nationwide, reporting to the Senior Director of the Strategic Accounts Team. For more information about Vertex’s pain program, visit https://www.vrtx.com/research-development/pipeline/pain/. To learn more about working at Vertex and our commitment to a vibrant and inclusive culture, visit https://www.vrtx.com/working-here/inclusion-diversity-equity/.
- Develop engagement strategy and account plans to ensure success with target IDNs, GPOs and GPO aggregate accounts
- Engage with IDN, GPO and GPO aggregate account leadership, formulary decision makers, and population health stakeholders to ensure timely access and contracting, support product uptake, drive systemic change, and pursue creative partnerships, as appropriate
- Coordinate internal account engagement activities compliantly across the regional team, including aligned institutional account managers, district leaders, payer account directors, virtual sales representatives, and HEOR colleagues
- Act as a central communication point for customers to ensure efficient and effective information flow
- Execute account management model and identify opportunities for best in class, enterprise level engagement to help ensure access and drive top-down demand
- Identify and execute digital and innovative approaches to customer engagement, and engage Vertex leaders as appropriate in direct account interactions
- Partner exceptionally well with internal stakeholders including Market Access, Sales, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, Field Operations, HR, and others to shape cross functional efforts as an influential leader
- Role model ethics and integrity in the work that you do to support our culture of compliance and earn trust with external stakeholders
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare/biopharmaceuticals in institutional account management, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in account management for IDNs, GPOs and GPO aggregate accounts including deep knowledge of key IDN accounts and existing relationships at top IDNs
- Expertise in GPO/GPO aggregate groups/IDN contract negotiations and pull-through
- Experience navigating the hospital/IDN formulary process
- Strong management experience
- Experience with pain products preferred
- Expertise in IDN stakeholders, with knowledge of how to influence both access and demand levers
- Excellent professional and strategic account management skills
- Understanding of clinical and economic trends driving decision making in current healthcare market
- Excellent executive level customer service and communication skills
- Strong account planner, ability to apply critical thinking to focus time to maximize impact
- Strong budget/financial analysis and modeling capability
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, regulatory, and compliance environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit to develop innovative approaches to enable launch through data and technology
- Travel Requirements: Field based with significant travel (~80%)
Pay range is $166,000 – $250,000 annually
The range provided is based on what we believe is a reasonable estimate for the base salary pay range for this job at the time of posting. This role may also be eligible for commission, fleet or car allowance and annual equity awards. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. Actual base salary pay will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.