Statutory Reporting Senior Accountant , 12 month FTC
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals is looking for a highly motivated and proactive candidate to join its statutory financial reporting team within its International Financial Shared Service Centre ("IFSSC") based in London, United Kingdom.
- This role will work with our external accounting provider to ensure all accounts are prepared to a high standard; to tight deadlines; and are compliant with all local requirements.
- This role involves liaising with external auditors to timely respond to the requests and address questions raised to the financial statements.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for statutory accounting, including the preparation and review of multiple statutory accounts across international, which covers multiple legal entities.
- This position will partner with other members of the accounting department as well as with teams across other departments, including Inventory, Accounts Payables, Revenue, Finance and Business Partners in the regions.
- This position would provide exposure to senior stakeholders within the business as the successful applicant will be responsible for preparing explanatory notes to aid the review by the directors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the relationship with the external accounting service provider for assigned countries in order to support the delivery of the financial statements.
- Ensure accounts are delivered on time to deadline.
- Prepare explanatory notes (analytical review) to aid the review by the directors.
- Keep legal directors and senior management informed of the status of completing the accounts, raising any issues on a timely basis to enable consideration and resolution in good time.
- Keep up to date on the latest technical accounting knowledge and resources relevant for the countries you are supporting and share this across Vertex as necessary.
- Manage the relationship with the external auditors for the relevant statutory accounts you are responsible for to ensure delivery of the statutory audit to agreed timelines.
- Support the wider team with technical accounting issues and general accounting projects to support continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in preparing or reviewing statutory accounts across multiple countries
- Strong technical accounting knowledge under multiple International GAAP’s (including IFRS and US GAAP)
- Proven communication, negotiation and influencing skills in working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities
- Experience in managing external accounting service providers and working in a US based business where primary records of account are maintained under US GAAP would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
- Strong excel skills
- Professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/AAT) or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Big 4 experience is preferred
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.