Regional Commercial Analytics Associate Director, Northern Europe & Australia (NEA)
The role of Regional Commercial Analytics Associate Director is to act as an advisor to the regional & country teams within the International Commercial organization.
This role will report to the International Sr. Director of Global Insights Analytics & Commercial Operations (GIACO), with a dotted line into the Regional Vice President (RVP) of Northern Europe and Australia (NEA) and will be primarily responsible for analytical decision support to the Regional Leadership Teams, leveraging data and analytics and supporting change management within the region.
This role will be focusing on country execution and performance monitoring independently, partnering with the NEA RVP, helping to build insight and analytics driven teams and competitive mindsets for the future.
The role will be based in Vertex’s regional office in London and will work in close partnership with colleagues based in International HQ, regional and local teams.
- Leverage data and analytics to generate actionable insights in providing strategic decision support to the regional and country teams - ensuring investments in the right areas and course correction as needed.
- Partner with International GIACO team to co-create common dashboards/analytics solutions to drive strategic decision making; develop custom solutions for countries where necessary.
- Ensure that International, Regional & Countries are aligned to common KPI’s to enable consistent tracking of performance. Where required, pair common KPI’s with custom metrics aligned to market and geography differences.
- Support the change management effort by building data and digital literacy within the NEA region.
- Ensure that the local and regional teams across marketing, sales and market access are able to leverage data and analytics tools to drive excellence in execution.
- Responsible for shaping the data quality framework in partnership with the International team and ensure that data quality is held to high standards across the region to enable effective and efficient reporting; identify opportunities for data process improvement and act upon them.
- Work seamlessly across the Country, Regional and International teams.
- Coordinate with countries and IHQ functions for key data, analytics, and market research initiatives in International to understand business needs.
- Support the NEA RVP with business reviews co-ordination and facilitation.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, biotech, operations or related discipline with extensive years of experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior commercial (or commercial excellence/Field Force Excellence) experience within a biopharmaceutical industry setting is essential.
- Strong analytical mindset: demonstrated analytical approach to understand the impact of the way data and reporting is interpreted and utilised for decision making.
- Digital agility – good understanding of multi-channel marketing and market research a bonus.
- Customer-facing experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry; either as a Rep/KAM or in Marketing preferred.
- Innovative and flexible approach – thrive to find solutions outside the box.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - fluent in verbal and written English.
- Able to develop rapport and credibility with key stakeholders and comfortable leading without authority across functions and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage complex projects that require collaboration across functional and geographic areas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment; focus on multi-tasking and self-prioritized workload.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.