Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator, 5 month contract
The Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator supports the processing of all expense invoices and payment requests from the Vertex business community. This role will also manage any troubleshooting of invoice workflow issues. Under direction, the Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator will also be responsible for ad hoc projects and supporting the department in critical projects, such as audit participation, system testing and other associated high-level specialized tasks and roles as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all incoming invoices are batched and scanned into the system.
- Processing of invoices
- Return ‘not-in-good-order’ invoices, partner with vendors to receive valid invoices and resolve invoicing issues.
- Provide troubleshooting and issue resolution for invoicing issues from the external vendor community and internal Vertex business community through email and in-person communication.
- Work closely with the Purchasing and Receiving departments to resolve delivery and purchase order issues.
- Follow established procedures and perform activities according to documented SOX controls.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good time-management and follow-up skills
- Kofax and Coupa experience.
- Previous experience of working with different currencies and languages
- Able to work in a fast past environment.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written, able to clearly explain issues to internal and external customers.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.