Principal Analyst, Global Supply Chain Systems
The Business Engagement & Technology Principal Analyst will be a technical resource in ensuring delivery and support of Oracle EBS / Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM) system and a wide range of custom solutions in support of their business partners. The Business Engagement & Technology Principal Analyst will partner with business leadership to deliver capabilities and execute on a roadmap that align to support business strategy. Additionally, the Business Engagement & Technology Principal Analyst will maintain reliable, scalable and compliant systems that easily meet business needs by efficient delivery and enhancements that provides opportunities for developing and implementing innovative solutions and integrations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a trusted partner of the business leaders within their remit.
- Understand their needs and vision, and deliver technology solutions to support and enable their goals and objectives.
- Provide insights on how technology can improve business processes to enable operating efficiencies and support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional and technical specifications to deliver enhancements.
- Design, perform, and document system configurations within OPM.
- Partner with offshore team members and DTE peers to support the business to for development, database, and platform support and delivery of enhancements and projects.
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit and Quality Assurance groups to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), GxP regulations, and our DTE system development lifecycle procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant business systems experience in the Life Sciences industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge in the core disciplines of project management, business analysis, solution design, delivery, and testing
- Experienced in building productive partnerships with business stakeholders and aligning them around a recommendation/solution
- Deep experience and functional/technical knowledge of Oracle EBS, including Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM), Inventory, Quality, Shipping Execution, and Mobile Supply Chain
- Strong understanding of the supply chain related business processes,
- Experience handling GxP systems and the relevant testing requirements.
- Results oriented contributor with a proven track record of on-time project delivery for large, complex projects with global stakeholders
- Able to manage own workload with minimal direction
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills and strong ability to present complex or sensitive information in a clear and concise manner to various technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and prioritization skills
- Strong system life cycle expertise
- Experience working with IT managed services or outsourced/ offshore teams
- Very strong MS Office skills, including MS Project & Visio, Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Experience with supply chain planning, barcoding, and/or labeling systems are a plus
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.