Sr. Principal Automation Engineer - Batch Disposition
As a member of the DTE Global Medicines Development & Medical Affairs (GMDA), Quality & Regulatory Affairs and Chief Patient Officer Technology team, the Associate Director, Business Engagement & Technology will be a key technical resource in ensuring the planning and delivery of key commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and a wide range of custom solutions in support of their business partners in Global Quality Assurance . You will work with technologies to support quality batch disposition and other key business processes. Additionally, the Sr. Principal Automation Engineer will own and maintain reliable, scalable and compliant systems that easily meet business needs by efficient delivery and enhancements that provides opportunities for developing and implementing innovative solutions and integrations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the technology strategy by leading the evaluation, selection, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of technology solutions.
- Deliver and manage technologies to support quality batch disposition in manufacturing group
- Experience with automating batch processing – know what good looks like!
- Develop and maintain a long term life cycle plan for the ongoing maintenance and management of systems.
- Manage relationships with our strategic software vendors and service providers
- Establish, track and report on project value drivers and financial impact
- Oversee a team of Vertex contingent workers and managed services providers
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit, and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations, as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management requirement.
- Understand business needs and vision, and deliver technology solutions to support and enable their goals and objectives
- Provide insights on how technology can improve business processes to enable operating efficiencies and support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant experience in delivering and managing technologies to support quality batch disposition is required
- In-depth knowledge of the quality batch disposition business processes
- Good knowledge of manufacturing systems, inventory management systems, laboratory information systems and deviation management system
- In-depth and specialized knowledge in the core disciplines of project management, business analysis, solution design, delivery and training
- Experience in building productive partnerships with business stakeholders and influencing them to take action
- Results oriented contributor with a proven track record of on-time project delivery for large, complex projects with global stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all audiences
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and prioritization skills, including the development of business cases/ value propositions
- Substantial program/ project management, demand management, resource management and system life cycle expertise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities including development of business case / value propositions
- Prior experience with running IT managed services or outsourced/ offshore teams
- Superior MS Office skills, including MS Project & Visio, Excel and PowerPoint Experience
- Strong experience in Agile methodology
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or equivalent
- Typically requires 9 years relevant business systems in the Life Sciences industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.