Commercial Distributor & Expansion Markets Associate Director, 12 month FTC
The Commercial Distributor & Expansion Markets Associate Director will manage and oversee Vertex Expansion Markets and Assigned region to ensure that all eligible patients gain access to Vertex's medicines in the territory. The incumbent will work closely with Vertex’s distributor partners in the region, ensures alignment with international commercial strategy, implements tactical plans and ensures compliance with Vertex’s policies, procedures, and expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Director in developing overall market expansion strategy in Expansion Markets and Assigned region for Vertex Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator portfolio in alignment with overall corporate vision and upcoming pipeline launches.
- Assist in evaluating new market entry strategy and requirements and support effective internal evaluation of each market including definition of cross-functional impact assessments, resources, and business case development.
- Support in conducting effective communication and alignment across the functional matrix regarding the strategy, plan, and progress of implementation.
- Conduct project management activities for markets in build phase to execute on market entry strategy including development of project plans and timelines.
- Assist in conducting market research and analysis to identify key market trends and opportunities.
- Support the Director in managing the budget and resources required to execute plans.
- Ensure compliance with Vertex policies, procedures, and expectations to ensure operations are compliant with country laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Commercial operations, preferably in the assigned region.
- Strong and successful background in sales and marketing.
- Experience in managing third party commercial relationships and budgets.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to communicate complex concepts and negotiate with others mainly internally.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as well as autonomously.
- Solid understanding of the compliance framework
- Adept at working in multiple countries/cultures.
- Ability to develop rapport and credibility with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects within timeline and budget.
- Ability to plan, adjust, manage and optimize resources.
- Proficiency in developing and overseeing country plans.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong business acumen
- Fluency in additional languages preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Typically requires experience with some experience in commercial pharmaceuticals, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.