Director Biostatistics (Hybrid)
The Director, Biostatistics will independently perform highly scientific statistical functions in support of the company’s Cystic Fibrosis cell & gene therapies. The Director will drive breakthrough results with strategic and technical contributions, while possessing a deep knowledge of Biostatistics with a drug developer mindset. As a senior leader and people manager within the organization, they will play a crucial role in culture creation, team building, and coaching to direct reports and junior employees across the organization.
- Manage a team of direct reports including their performance and development. Mentors project team members and promotes effective team operation and cross-functional collaboration.
- Possesses an expert understanding of modern drug discovery and development processes.
- Represents Biostatistics as a member of cross functional teams, providing strategic input and expert technical guidance to elicit meaningful and/or productive outcomes.
- Sets the technical and scientific directions of the project(s).
- Authors study Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), including table, figure, and listing (TFL) shells.
- Develops Cross-functional Data Review (xFDR) plan, Key Reports Memo (KRM), and Data Dissemination Plan (DDP) to facilitate the review, summary, and dissemination of key study data/results.
- Leads collaboration with statistical programming and other functions to ensure high quality and technically sound delivery of TFLs.
- Leads or contributes to external interactions with regulators, payers, review boards, etc.
- Authors or co-authors methodological or study-related publications and posters.
- Leads implementation of innovative designs and analysis methods at the study or project level and participates in Statistical Review Forum (SRF) discussions of studies assigned to others.
- Contributes to departmental working group efforts on key various technical and operational issues.
- Independently undertakes new and highly complex issues requiring advanced analytical thought.
- Completes work in a resourceful, self-sufficient manner; conceptualizes alternative, and at times untested, approaches to achieve desired results.
- Maintains and expands in-depth knowledge of related disciplines with a drug developer mindset.
Education & Experience Required:
- Ph. D. in Statistics or Biostatistics.
- Typically requires 10 years of experience with a Ph.D. or 13 years of experience with a master's degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.