Publications Associate Director (Remote)
The Publications Associate Director is responsible for key contributions in the development of an integrated and strategic global disease publication plan and development of the medical, scientific and technical publications included in this plan. This role will provide leadership and expertise in publication planning and execution. The position is Boston based with a hybrid schedule of 3 days per week in office work and 2 days per week remote.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of an integrated and strategic global disease publication plan
- Contributes to the execution of the global publication plan for one or more brands
- Manages publication development timelines and content development of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts
- Manages timelines and routine or process-based decisions, with appropriate escalation to senior colleagues for complex or challenging decisions
- Ensures compliance with Vertex publication policy and external publication guidelines
- Acts as a coach to mentor members of the team
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple internal functions and external stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment composed of cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products and Datavision
- Ability to manage multiple vendors if needed
- Experience in publication planning and execution
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree, PhD
- Typically requires 8 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Pay Range 154,080.00 – 231,120.00 USD annually
The range provided is based on what we believe is a reasonable estimate for the base salary pay range for this job at the time of posting. This role is eligible for an annual bonus and annual equity awards. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. Actual base salary pay will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
At Vertex, our Total Rewards offerings also include inclusive market-leading benefits to meet our employees wherever they are in their career, financial, family and wellbeing journey while providing flexibility and resources to support their growth and aspirations. From medical, dental and vision benefits to generous paid time off (including a week-long company shutdown in the Summer and the Winter), educational assistance programs including student loan repayment, a generous commuting subsidy, matching charitable donations, 401(k) and so much more.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.