DMPK Research Scientist
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) group in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will work with other scientists in an interdisciplinary project team environment to support the drug discovery and development process by applying his/her knowledge and technical experience to address critical DMPK issues.
- Designs and executes in vitro experiments, such as CYP inhibition/induction and drug transporter evaluation
- Conducts PK/tissue sample analysis using LC/MS/MS method, performs PK and PK/PD analysis
- Prepares DMPK documents to support development candidate nomination, IND and other regulatory filings
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. with 0-3 years of relevant post-doctoral or working experience in DMPK related field or
- Master's degree (or equivalent degree) and 3 years of relevant employment experience, or
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent degree) and 6 years of relevant employment experience
- Ability to design and conduct DMPK experiments to draw conclusions to provide guidance to project team
- Understanding of DMPK science such as in vitro and in vivo ADME assays, biotransformation/ disposition pathways, and drug interaction risk assessment
- Familiar with pharmacokinetic data analysis using WinNonlin/Phoenix software
- Fast learner, team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary range: $99,840 - $149,760 annually
The range provided is based on what we believe is a reasonable estimate for the base salary pay range for this job at the time of posting. This role is eligible for an annual bonus and annual equity awards. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. Actual base salary pay will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Vertex, our Total Rewards offerings also include inclusive market-leading benefits to meet our employees wherever they are in their career, financial, family and wellbeing journey while providing flexibility and resources to support their growth and aspirations. From medical, dental and vision benefits to generous paid time off (including a week-long company shutdown in the Summer and the Winter), educational assistance programs including student loan repayment, a generous commuting subsidy, matching charitable donations, 401(k) and so much more.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.