Practice Manager, Social Work
If you got into healthcare to make a difference, you’re in the right place. We’re looking for a values-driven, mission-focused, dynamic Practice Manager, Social Work who is passionate about working with seniors (and their families), especially those navigating mental and behavioral health challenges. Someone who is searching for a workplace and culture that is as committed to them as they are their patients. If that’s you, read on!
At Rippl, we are a passionate, impatient, slightly irreverent, people-obsessed group of optimists & doers intent on building a movement to bring mental healthcare to our aging population. We believe there is no more noble mission than caring for people at this critical stage of life, and we’re ready to take action.
We’re reimagining what it feels like to experience a mental health challenge as a senior. By leveraging an obsession with supporting our clinicians, a new care model and disruptive technology, we are pioneering an entirely new way to democratize senior access to high quality, wrap-around mental and behavioral healthcare, both for seniors and their families and caregivers. Helping them stay healthier, at home longer, and out of the ER.
Our Core Values
At Rippl, we live and breathe a set of shared, core values that help us build the best team, guide how we work together, and best serve our patients, families and caregivers.
If not Us, then Who? Seniors need better mental health care NOW. Our mission is urgent. And, we’ve got the perfect team to take this on.
Mission is our Middle Name There is no more noble mission than caring for seniors with mental health challenges. We’ve set out to make a giant, lasting, transformational impact.
Clinician Obsession Our team members are our focus, our obsession. We listen and learn from, and with, our clinicians to find the right answers. When we care obsessively for our clinicians, our patients and families will get the care they deserve.
Moving Mountains We see what we’re doing as a movement–a movement focused on solving one of the most important, most urgent challenges in healthcare for a really special group of people.
Raising the bar, for everyone We are leveraging world class expertise to define a new standard of care. Partnering with the country’s leading academic institutions and geriatric clinicians, we are bringing clinical excellence to our seniors.
Join the movement
We’re looking to find other changemakers who are ready to join our movement. Those who believe serving seniors is their calling, their reason for jumping out of bed every day. Our ambition is to create a nirvana workplace for this tribe! And, most importantly, help them make a giant difference in the lives of their patients. Because, “if not us, then who?”
The Practice Manager, Social Work, as part of Rippl’s Clinical Leadership team, plays a crucial role in ensuring that best-in-class services are delivered by our Licensed Independent Clinical Social Work (LICSW) team . This team provides comprehensive and coordinated care to Rippl patients and caregivers through psychosocial assessment, advocacy, counseling, resource identification and coordination, crisis intervention, patient and caregiver education – all to help our patients and caregivers navigate the complex journey of dementia care, ensuring each person receives the best possible care and support tailored to their unique needs.
The Practice Manager, Social Work is responsible for the leadership, coordination, and management of social work services within Rippl. This role oversees the delivery of high-quality social work interventions, manages a team of LICSWs, and collaborates with other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive and patient-centered care.
- Provide leadership and supervision to a team of LICSWs and Associate LCSWs, including training, performance management and development and partnering with People & Culture team to hire the best team
- Foster a psychologically safe and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and development
- Serve as a role model and foster a culture of collaborative communication with Rippl Care Team and business leaders
- Help to evolve the LICSW role over time to ensure responsibilities match needs of partners, building a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
- Support planning and implementation to effectively scale a rapidly growing organization
- Lead development of local community resource libraries to meet needs of persons living with dementia and their caregivers
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of social work programs and services with emphasis on process improvement
- Ensure that social work services align with Rippl’s goals, policies, and standards
- Monitor and evaluate the clinical practice of social workers, ensuring adherence to the highest ethical, compliant and professional standards
- Provide guidance on complex cases and facilitate case consultations
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, and therapists, to integrate social work services into comprehensive patient care
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among Rippl Care Team to enhance patient outcomes
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited program
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- Proven experience in a supervisory or managerial role in social work
- Strong clinical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards in social work
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills
What’s in it for you
Our most important responsibility as a company is to ensure you’re supported in every way possible to be ready every day to serve your patients. We’ve designed a generous enablement and benefits package to ensure you are ready to do your very best work.
- Development, mentoring and training programs designed to help you chart your dream career and make sure you are learning everything you need to know as you gain more responsibility
- Fast growth company with opportunities to take on more responsibility or develop into new roles
- Flexible schedules and the opportunity to work from home
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus eligibility
- 401(k) plan with a healthy match
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family
- Life insurance and Disability
- Well-being and Remote Work stipend
- Generous Paid Time Off
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Role: $90,000 - 125,000
We are going to make some very big waves starting with a small Rippl - come join us!