Solutions Architect (Revenue Recognition)
Boulder, CO, USA · Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Recurly, Inc., a SaaS company, provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 55 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover nearly $1 billion in revenue in 2022.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $10 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Recurly is dedicated to helping subscription businesses succeed by providing an extremely flexible and developer friendly SaaS billing and Revenue Recognition application. Our customers can be looking for both; a full subscription to Revenue Recognition solution or stand alone Revenue Recognition application. We're looking for a Solutions Architect to specialize in our Revenue Recognition Platform to provide critical technical expertise during the sales process, onboarding project, post-launch, and retention. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with clients by solving their business needs and making sure they stay compliant with accounting standards and industry regulations. Reporting to the Manager of Solutions Architecture you will take ownership of providing best practices and documentation for implementation of our Revenue Recognition Platform. You will be a go-to product expert that can guide prospects and clients through complex setups and communicate clearly through to resolution.
- Define and create solutions to help customers realize the full potential of Recurly’s Recurly Revenue Recognition software.
- Evaluate merchant business models, contracts, and financial data to design solutions and provide best practices.
- Build alliances with Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Enablement teams to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information.
- Provide ongoing support for merchants after launch, potentially through external audits by providing documentation and expert guidance
- Stay up to date with accounting standards and regulations that could impact revenue recognition solutions
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, and scope
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions and define clear goals for all aspects of a project
- 3-4 years of experience working with Revenue Recognition Solutions
- A passion for solving complex financial business problems faced by merchants, by providing communication and guidance around the solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical issues and resolution via emails, slacks, and meetings.
- Ability to think holistically and consider the long-term impact of choices made in revenue recognition implementation.
- Must have good organization and prioritization skills (ability to manage a project from pre-sales to delivery/close).
- Familiarity with revenue recognition principles and accounting standards.
- Has strong critical thinking skills, curiosity, and a willingness to learn.
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Experience in a customer-facing role designing and developing customer integrations
- Experience in independently leading customer facing engagements
- BA in Finance/Accounting
- CPA or relevant professional certification
- Experience with Graylog
- Experience with Oracle, NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, Xero, or other accounting systems
Benefits & Compensation:
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote or in office work
401(k) Retirement Plan and company match
Flex Time Off
Monthly internet stipend
The anticipated salary range for this position is $150,000 - $170,000. Compensation offered will depend upon job-related factors including relevant experience, skills and geography.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com