Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
*This is an on-site position in our Seattle office.
We are seeking a motivated Research Associate based in our Seattle, WA office. RareCyte is part of an international program that has set an ambitious goal of reducing the incidence of stillbirth by half. The focus of this program involves novel non-invasive characterization of the placenta via the identification and transcriptional profiling of circulating trophoblasts(CTB) using RareCyte’s established technology for rare blood cell analysis. The successful applicant will be contributing to the transcriptional characterization of CTBs as well as to our biopharma services team. They will work under the direction of lead scientists to execute liquid and tissue biopsy partnership programs, product validations, and strategic collaborations that uniquely employ RareCyte technologies. If you enjoy helping bring new technologies to market, embrace challenges, and thrive in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
RareCyte is a life sciences company focused on the development and commercial sales of transformational platforms that include instruments, consumables, and services for multiplex tissue analysis in spatial biology and rare cell detection and characterization for liquid biopsy. Our platforms have been adopted by leading research institutions and BioPharma companies worldwide for research and clinical programs. The RareCyte platforms have the potential to become the leading discovery/translational/diagnostic platforms for oncology, immunology, maternal-fetal health, and infectious disease.
- Isolate single cells and tissue micro-regions using RareCyte CytePicker® technology
- Perform single-cell RNA and DNA sequencing
- Process human blood samples using AccuCyte®, RareCyte’s density-based blood separation technology
- Perform manual and automated immunofluorescence staining of liquid and tissue biopsy samples
- Work in teams on milestone-based programs
- Follow standard operating procedures under a CLIA regulatory environment
- Manage tissue culture and cell lines
- Perform antibody conjugations
- Write standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for method development, storing samples, preparing reagents and solutions and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Document results in an on-line LIMS, written reports, and presentations
- Analyze, interpret, and present results to the project team
- BS, MS or equivalent experience in life sciences
- 1 - 2 years industrial or academic biology laboratory experience preferred
- Experience with NGS of RNA and/or DNA required (both preferred)
- Experience working with blood samples or automated slide stainers a plus
- Experience with common laboratory techniques such as flow cytometry, immunofluorescence microscopy, ELISA, Western blot preferred
- Comfort and experience with new technology
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Creative thinker, self-driven and highly organized
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize daily tasks
Base Salary Range: $68,000 - $72,000 (annually)
The base salary range represents an estimated range for this position in the Seattle area. Determining a base wage will be based on several factors which include skill set, level of education, experience and qualifications, as well as the comparison to existing RareCyte employees in the position. Some roles may also qualify for additional compensation such as bonus, commission, stock options and travel allowance.
At RareCyte, we support our employees in and out of the office. Click here to view a list of benefits offered to eligible employees.
We love talking to qualified candidates! Even if you don't fit the description perfectly, please still apply and we'll review your resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to RareCyte Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RareCyte strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new RareCyte hires. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to RareCyte’s employees or others with whom our employees engage in the course of performing their jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact RareCyte Human Resources at email@example.com.