Protenus builds innovative and effective software products for the healthcare compliance and risk sector. We take what has generally been a dry and regimented problem space and introduce elegantly designed user experiences that leverage industry leading artificial intelligence. Our solutions are loved and respected by our customers and are highly effective.
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, this position’s primary function will be to provide technical product management of our Platform as we mature and scale with some of the country's more prominent enterprise hospital systems. We are looking for inquisitive, organized, and inspiring product minds. Successful candidates will be capable of creatively rethinking and prioritizing approaches to current product challenges while ensuring the enhancement of our platform in an efficient and scalable manner.
You will be asked to leverage an existing network of customer relationships to understand customer needs and produce scalable solutions in regards to vendor integrations, ETL processes, our various AI modules, and investigative workflow & data exploration interface. As a Product Manager you will collaborate with the engineering teams, UX, marketing, sales, and customer experience during research, feature design & refinement, and go to market phases of product development.
This role will require ownership of market and user analysis, technical requirements gathering, solutioning, roadmap management, and some aspects of go to market.
Ideally, you are technically minded and have worked closely with engineering teams in the past. You likely have experience in healthcare, infosec, fintech, or some other highly complex and regulated industry, experience working with complex data driven technology like artificial intelligence, and are looking to join a company that marries these complex challenges with the fast moving, growth minded culture of a mid stage startup. Most importantly, you are motivated by the idea of helping healthcare providers protect patient privacy and safety and are excited by the power and potential of building technology in healthcare using artificial intelligence.
The success of this role will be measured by value delivered to the business and customers through new product and feature development, feature adoption, new revenue closed due to product differentiators, customer satisfaction and retention, and Net Promoter Score.
Product strategy: Provide insight and data, both quantitative and qualitative, to help our management team effectively craft our vision and strategy and to support or grow our serviceable addressable market for our core products.Product development: Proactively work with customer experience, subject matter experts, sales and marketing to discover opportunities for product enhancement and properly define and prioritize their business value. As part of this process, you will contribute to our quarterly PI Planning process by preparing and refining the features with the highest business value.
- Feature Lifecycle: Manage the feature lifecycle, including intake, prioritization, refinement, planning, delivery, and deprecation. As part of this, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the processes and technologies needed for effective feature management.
- Feature Refinement: Facilitate planning and design sessions (“feature refinement”) with a multi-discipline team made up of customer experience, front end, back end, data engineers, and scientists.
- Go to Market: Drive core aspects of successful product launches via a cross functional go-to-market team made up of engineering, marketing, customer experience, and sales.
- Product communications: Collaborate with marketing and customer experience to develop regular product roadmaps and product webinars, blog posts, and presentations.
User and Market Analysis: Partner with customer experience to build a strong customer engagement and feedback gathering framework to inform opportunities for product enhancements and refine features and epics. Dive head first into what is a unique collection of problems in the healthcare compliance analytics space and soak up information at a rapid pace.
- Competitive and Industry Analysis: Understand competitor differentiators and industry drivers, for alignment of product direction and positioning
- Sales collaboration: Support sales efforts, including contributing to RFP responses, product demonstrations, and business value assessments, when needed.
- Data Driven Product Management: Monitor and optimize to product KPIs and success metrics - happiness, engagement, adoption, retention, and task success.
- Own and optimize our use of Pendo, our product management and analytics solution.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in B2B SaaS solutions.
- 3+ years working on a product in the AI, ML, healthcare, and or analytics space.
- Have experience product managing a public API or data spec used by third parties.
- Prior experience in healthcare or another highly regulated industry that routinely has to address privacy, security, and compliance challenges.
- Technical or analytical background, such as software engineer, analyst, data science, data engineer.
- Pride yourself on having a wide array of PM skills.
- Able to display a strong understanding of current technologies and product management techniques. Simply put, you read books and blogs or listen to podcasts frequently.
- Ability to deploy process improvements to multiple teams across different disciplines.
- Inspiring communicator - passionate when needed, always clear and direct, yet maintains a strong sense of empathy.
- Organized and efficient writing skills - We are in a complex problem space that requires a lot of written collaboration. Your product briefs and requirements must be impactful, crisp, and focused.
- Excellent customer management skills - you have been part of enterprise sales processes, bonus if you have experience with large health systems.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with tools for doing data analysis (Excel, Looker, SQL)
- Experience conducting market and user research in an emerging field
- Experience working with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Used prioritization frameworks like Kano, Business Value, Opportunity Scoring, RICE
- Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
Sponsorship: We are unable to offer visa/green card sponsorship at this time.
Location: Anywhere within the United States. We are a virtual first organization.
Our HQ is located in the Fells Point area of Baltimore, MD. We love our office and hope you will too, but we won't require you to work from there. We made the decision to be a "virtual first" organization in early 2021. Even after COVID is a thing of the past, we will remain virtual first. If you live in the area and would like to come in, great! If you are in town to meet with your team, even better! We welcome you (and dogs) anytime. We operate with "big person rules" and let you make the decision about what works best for you, your life and your family. Results > Location