Customer Education Manager
At Protenus, we build scalable, insightful solutions that reduce risk, improve operational efficiencies, and ultimately build trust in healthcare. We feel immense pride when we are able to demonstrate the value of our platform to our customers and grow that value over time. We know that a delightful customer experience plus demonstrated ROI is critical to retaining and growing our partnership with our customers throughout their journey with us. The Customer Experience (CX) team brings a blend of expertise and experiences that build productive relationships, drive results, and delight our customers. Our team’s culture of lifelong learning empowers employees to grow personally and professionally.
This role is critical in supporting the education of Protenus users at scale. As a Customer Education Manager, you will work with the Customer Implementation, Customer Success, and Product teams to develop, implement, and manage education initiatives that align to and drive the business strategy of Protenus. You will develop multi-channel training content that enables learning pathways for Protenus customers to begin using the platform and grow their adoption and utilization of platform features and capabilities over time. You will leverage innovative technology solutions (e.g., a Learning Experience Platform) to deliver essential learning opportunities to our customers and measure their success. Additionally, you will educate and train internal team members on the effective delivery of our customer education strategies to ensure a consistent, best in class experience for all Protenus customers (Train the Trainer Model).
The success of the Protenus customer education program will be measured via learner satisfaction, knowledge acquisition, behavioral change, and results/outcomes metrics.
While this role may occasionally assist with conducting 1-1 delivery formats, the primary responsibility of this role is to develop and maintain the one-to-many delivery formats for customer education. In addition to enabling education of our high touch customers through instructor-led Train the Trainer models, this role will directly manage the digital content of the self-service training program for our low/tech touch customers.
- Develop and maintain a scalable customer education framework, to include platform socialization, onboarding, and ongoing training strategies for various roles within the customer organization. This framework should be extensible and scalable in order to deliver a best in class experience for a growing base of self service customers and Customer Success-supported customers.
- Develop and maintain customer training and assessment materials across a variety of formats (instructor led, webinars, video, guides, quizzes and assessments, etc.)
- Develop and offer common learning pathways for various roles within the customer organization that continually build upon important concepts.
- Evaluate and maintain a central LMS/LXP to house and deliver training materials and pathways.
- Train Customer Implementation, Success and Services team on the customer education program, technology and materials and ensure consistent delivery for all customers.
- Partner with Customer Success and Services to develop custom training programs as needed.
- Partner with Product to build ongoing training materials and learning pathways that increase understanding and adoption of new feature releases and product capabilities, and maintain a forward-looking customer education roadmap as new features are launched.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to build sales collateral that offers the Protenus customer education program as a differentiator in the marketplace.
- Partner with CX leadership to develop, monitor, and optimize customer education program success metrics.
- Remain current on industry trends in adult learning and learning technologies.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- Proven experience designing and implementing effective and successful training programs in a healthcare IT environment, SaaS heavily preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in training development, instructional design, and/or teaching
- Experience maintaining or implementing learning management systems and developing curriculums
- Adept with a variety of digital delivery formats, methods and tools (ex: Camtasia, Captivate or Articulate)
- Passion to build a customer education function from scratch in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A self starter approach to the job at hand, with the ability to produce high quality content at a steady pace without getting caught up in absolute perfection
- Knowledge of change management principles or change management experience a bonus
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Experience working in healthcare is required
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.
Protenus uses artificial intelligence to reduce risk and save resources for the nation’s leading health systems, detecting and preventing compliance violations such as breaches to patient privacy and incidents of clinical drug diversion. Compliance analytics provide healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerts privacy, pharmacy and compliance teams to inappropriate activity. Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions.
For two consecutive years, Protenus was named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers and one of CBInsights Digital Health 150. Protenus was also named the 2020 and 2019 KLAS Category Leader in Patient Privacy Monitoring and one of The Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. In 2019, Protenus was awarded the Best Places to Work in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal and the Baltimore Sun. Learn more at Protenus.com and follow us on Twitter @Protenus.
Location: Anywhere within the United States. We are a virtual first organization.
Sponsorship: We are unable to offer visa/green card sponsorship at this time.