Customer Success Manager
Customer Success Manager (CSM)
As a member of the Customer Experience team, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) role is dedicated to being a trusted advisor for our customers and managing the customer journey. This role’s primary focus is to drive value for our customers, build trusted relationships with key end users, and maintain high rates of renewal and customer retention. The CSM will primarily be working with our medium/large and strategic customer accounts that have purchased more than one analytics module. The CSM reports to the Manager, Customer Success.
The Protenus Healthcare Compliance Analytics platform is powered by artificial intelligence (AI) that ingests robust, unique data feeds to provide visibility into potential patterns of suspicious behavior that may otherwise go unnoticed. Our AI and advanced analytics empower subject matter experts to mitigate and ultimately reduce organizational risk — whether it's an employee improperly accessing patient records, or a clinician diverting medications — in an efficient, accurate, and scalable manner. If the opportunity to thwart these bad actors doesn’t excite you, maybe the opportunity to serve on a team filled with other engineers who do different work than you, and together, you will collaborate and influence the end result of this cutting-edge technology, will do the trick.
- Identify key stakeholders at assigned customer accounts and nurture strong relationships built on trust and empathy. Key individuals include Chief Compliance/Pharmacy Officers, Compliance/Pharmacy Leads/Managers/Directors, Power users, End users, and IT/Project Management.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and changes impacting assigned accounts, such as M&A, new leadership, personnel turnover, economic upturns & downturns, etc.
- Identify customer expectations, values and desired business outcomes. Regularly demonstrate achievement of business outcomes via metrics during business reviews and effectively reset expectations if necessary.
- Deliver a delightful customer experience throughout the journey with Protenus, especially coordinating and advocating for the resolution of customer issues across the Protenus Customer Support, product, and engineering teams.
- Deliver customer-facing presentations including kickoff meetings, business reviews, and training to a wide range of audiences.
- Document customer feedback and feature requests from customers. Collaborate with Customer Success representation to the product team for input on feature development and refinement. Coordinate gathering customer feedback when on features as needed.
- Contribute to the scaled customer success vision by identifying and implementing efficiency initiatives that help us to better utilize technology solutions, improve operational processes, and leverage data driven solutions to proactively monitor and optimize customer health at scale.
- Actively contribute to and lead initiatives to increase customer adoption and engagement with end user community activities and events.
- Analyze customer health data and key performance indicators on assigned accounts (such as NPS, product usage, and results in the platform) to proactively raise risks and work with the Manager, Customer Success to execute plans for remediation.
- Work with the Manager, Customer Success and Marketing to nurture customer advocates and identify success stories (joint speaking engagements, quote/logo usage, case studies, etc).
- Partner with Sales during the customer renewal process and identify cross sell and upsell opportunities (managing handoffs to Sales when appropriate).
- Contribute to the content development of sessions at our annual user group conference.
- Communicate company vision and roadmap to customers.
- Document interactions with customers in the customer success software (ChurnZero).
- 3+ years experience in customer success, post-sales, or relevant customer-facing role at a healthcare-focused SaaS delivery company or healthcare organization (healthcare industry experience required).
- Demonstrated experience working alongside training, support, implementation, engineering and/or development teams. Must be able to translate technical jargon for customers, and also represent customer requests in user stories/functional requirements that can be utilized by the product teams.
- Experience working with sales counterparts on renewals, up-sells, cross-sells OR experience owning the renewal process for assigned accounts as part of a Customer Success function.
- Skilled at prioritizing tasks, goals, and objectives on a daily basis and balancing a mix of reactive and proactive activities in support of assigned accounts.
- Excellent client-facing communications - both written & verbal - with particular emphasis on positive messaging and navigating through challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Analytical mindset - able to to think creatively about ways to solve customer problems and increase the level of customer engagement over time.
- Committed to building trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders through empathy, enthusiasm, and sense of shared purpose.
- A strong interest in Health IT & Cyber Security.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing and/or delivering educational materials and end user training AND/OR experience on a customer support team.
- Demonstrated experience working with healthcare electronic medical records (Epic, Meditech, Cerner, etc).
- Knowledge of healthcare rules and regulations, specifically HIPAA and/or DEA regulations.
- Skilled with various workflow tools: ChurnZero, Zendesk, Salesforce, JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Google Apps
- Knowledge of SaaS accounting metrics such as ACV, TCV, CARR, ARR, MRR and ways to measure churn (NRC, logo churn, etc).
- Knowledge of implementing/optimizing both high and low touch customer success models.
- Additional healthcare-related certifications are a plus, but not required.
Sponsorship: We are unable to offer visa/green card sponsorship at this time.
Our HQ is located in the Fells Point area of Baltimore, MD. We love our office and hope you will too, but we won't require you to work from there. We made the decision to be a "virtual first" organization in early 2021. Even after COVID is a thing of the past, we will remain virtual first. If you live in the area and would like to come in, great! If you are in town to meet with your team, even better! We welcome you (and dogs) anytime. We operate with "big person rules" and let you make the decision about what works best for you, your life and your family. Results > Location