Spring 2024 Co-op: LNP Analytical Development
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a creative, motivated and enthusiastic co-op for the Spring 2024 cycle with experience in HPLC to join the lipid nanoparticle (LNP) analytical development (AD) team. The successful candidate will be able to participate in the development of chromatography-based assay and biophysical method development for Prime Editor LNP delivery platform and work cross-functionally to advance the Prime pipeline. There will be also many valuable opportunities to participate in other projects that are crucial to the success of the LNP AD efforts.
- Perform a variety of assays to support companywide analytical needs for the analysis of therapeutic biomolecules, e.g., mRNA, oligonucleotides, lipids, and/or lipid nanoparticles (LNP)
- Assist in developing ideas for new methods or experiments, and implementing new techniques
- Chromatography-based LNP method development to assess lipid ID/quantification/degradation
- LNP RNA payload analysis by LC-MS and/or ddPCR
- Biophysical measurement of RNA-LNP drug product
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presentation within the team
- B.S. or M.S.candidate in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field
- Basic knowledge of liquid chromatography
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS is preferred
- Experience with biophysical techniques (e.g., DLS) or PCR is preferred
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.