Sr. Manager/Associate Director, External Communications
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are looking for an energetic, dedicated corporate communications professional in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry with a passion for external communications, social and digital media, to join our vibrant, fast-growing, transformative company. The ideal candidate will have a go-getter attitude and thrive in a start-up culture in a broad external communications role, with opportunity to grow into a strategic role and potential to focus in specific areas of communication over time. In this role you will be responsible for executing Prime’s external communications strategy in collaboration with Prime’s leadership and press relations partners, and working closely with Internal Communications and Investor Relations. This person will provide comprehensive support for all external communication efforts, including the coordination of external communications partners and internal stakeholders, with a strong focus on social media. They will be the internal point person responsible for coordinating media and investor communications, developing communications processes, leading corporate communications initiatives, and helping to develop and implement the Prime brand. This encompasses press releases, scientific and business communications, website, and day-to-day social media activities, ensuring Prime’s core messaging is consistently incorporated throughout. This role will report to the Head of Strategy and Corporate Operations.
- Executing Prime’s integrated external communications strategy, collaborating with Prime’s leadership and external PR partners, and working closely with IR partners and Internal Communications.
- Helping build out the external corporate communications function, developing internal processes for all external communications, from development of materials to efficient review and approval process.
- Collaborating and coordinating with cross-functional team members on external-facing materials and events, including investor, medical, industry, and research meetings and presentations, to ensure consistency with the company's approved messages.
- Coordinating external PR and IR partners to grow corporate presence/brand via existing and new digital channels, including an optimized and measurable social media strategy that can effectively reach key audiences
- Serving as internal point of contact for all social media content, bringing out-of-the-box creativity, in depth, real-time monitoring of relevant content, facilitating a close working partnership with our internal and external partners keeping apprised of activities/gathering assets, and fostering whole company engagement and commitment
- Compiling a library of messages and materials (e.g., press releases, talking points, statements, Q&As) that effectively communicate Prime’s core messaging and communication strategy clearly and consistently to external audiences
- Leading corporate strategic messaging initiatives across our science and business realms
- BA/BS degree in communications, public relations or a relevant field, with 5+ years experience including broad, progressive communication experience for R&D stage companies within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. Prior agency experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, with proven ability to speak the language of a biotechnology company and break down complex scientific concepts into understandable messages and stories for external audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships with company executives, internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Superior organizational skills, along with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and critically, and consistently exercise sound judgment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop detailed project plans, identify and resolve issues, and run internal and external team meetings
- Proven track record of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, start-up environment, moving projects forward, and developing and implementing creative, solution-oriented strategies while anticipating future demands and opportunities.
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company.
- Prior agency experience
- Experience working with a platform company at the intersection of biology + technology
- Experience working within genetic medicine
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Something looks off?