Product Business Development Manager
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Owkin is seeking a Product Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing and dynamic team in Paris (or in London / Boston).
Product Business Development Manager will be accountable for developing and supporting our product offering.
In this role you will be responsible for defining our product go-to-market strategy, mapping our clients, the competition, defining our Unique selling proposition, and helping to grow a healthy sales funnel. You will work with Owkin’s R&D team to define our value proposition, and help guide our research on scientific topics of highest medical and scientific impact based on feedbacks you’ve collected from the market.
In this role you will supervise the product line marketing and communications strategy and promote the growth of our offerings. Overall, this role will help to define the market positioning, deploy world class commercial sales solutions and scale the company.
Owkin has significant presence in Europe and access in the global biopharmaceutical market, and is expanding quickly in Europe and other regions. As the Product Business Development Manager you will engage the market with our suite of offerings to help our customers discover novel targets, develop multimodal biomarkers, enhance their clinical development, and deliver new diagnostic solutions in clinical practice.
As Product Business Development Manager, you will be part of Owkin’s Business Development team reporting to the Product Business Development Director. The position will require cross team collaboration with our Product, Partnerships, IT, Legal, Operations and R&D teams.
In particular, you will:
- Help shape the product vision and strategy
- Map competitive landscape and create a differentiated product offering with a clear value proposition.
- Define the product positioning and marketing strategy in conjunction with Marketing and other key stakeholders. Together refine the offerings, define the scope, the targeted customers and successfully implement the commercial product strategy.
- Determine the Go-To-Market strategy for our products, based on market insights with support from Marketing and Strategy.
- Elaborate strategy to grow sales with existing customers and develop prospective clients. Identify and prioritize business opportunities. Build Sales campaigns with the support from Marketing, to generate new leads, and grow awareness of our products
- Participate in client meetings, help prepare impactful presentations, build convincing proposals.
- Translate customer needs to the R&D teams to help refine our offering, sharing insights from the clients.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
Required qualifications / experience:
- You have a very good knowledge of the pharma industry and understanding of the full drug life cycle from discovery to market approval.
- Scientific or Business degree and experience in Healthcare. A complementary degree in business is a plus ;
- You have sales acumen and a natural capacity to build relationships
- Excellent communicator, you are fluent in English and ideally French as well.
- You are hands-on, proactive, articulate and possess a good sense of humor, integrity, curiosity, and professionalism.
- You are fun to work with; honest ; excited to work hard in a dynamic, fast-paced environment ;
- You have experience in a Sales or Marketing role
- You have a fascination with innovative research and Artificial Intelligence, the future of clinical research and medicine and passion for solving the biggest problems in healthcare
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?