Lead DevOps Engineer
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
What you will do:
We are looking for a Lead DevOps/SRE Engineer who is passionate about problem solving, scalable cloud engineering, automation and microservices, data architectures, complex data transformations, handling large data streams on the fly, and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100,000’s of hotels worldwide.
Where you will have impact:
- Make the lives of our 100+ engineers easier, by rethinking existing CI/CD and developer workflows and help with automation where possible.
- Automate the deployment, operation and monitoring of applications in a reproducible and scalable way.. We are fans of GitOps.
- Experiment, think about, and take ownership of our tech stack and find ways to improve it.
- Provide support to your team members and other teams in the company. We have a very open and flat structure and have a very short feedback loop.
- Research new technologies, properly determining the pro’s and con’s for our use cases.
- Setup and maintenance (think scaling, backup & restore, failover strategies ...) of our cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with the security team, ensuring all our microservices adhere to our strict security guidelines.
- Build out monitoring/alerting systems and policies, tooling and best practices.
About our team:
The Lighthouse Devops team in Gent is the glue between our different engineering teams. Its mission is to serve our BI products, with eye for uptime, performance, security and disaster recovery. The team works in close collaboration with the entire engineering team to drive initiatives forward.
Our kubernetes clusters are at the heart of our platform, today they scale up to 2000+ CPU’s! They power our CI/CD, data acquisition, data transformations and serve our web applications and API’s. This translates to 2500+ pods spread over 800 workloads.
We process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
Technologies you’ll work with:
Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Istio, Gitlab, MySQL, Postgres, Stitch, Prometheus, Grafana, FoundationDB, Kafka, …
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
What's in it for you:
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or, if you live nearby, at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited time off: we believe in providing our employees with the flexibility and autonomy to manage their work-life balance effectively
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded, and passionate about what they do
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realise their full career potential
- A mandate to operationalize and democratise research through tools, training, and processes
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium or a company car
- Extensive health insurance packages for you and your dependents prioritising our employees' holistic well-being and healthcare needs
- Private pension funding through group insurance
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- Extensive experience with Cloud architecture & Operations
- Excellent development abilities in at least one scripting language: Python, Bash, …
- Strong design, coding and debugging skills
- Excellent control of GIT SCM
- Experience with cloud platforms and containerization (Kubernetes/GKE)
- Experience with Linux
- You operate in a similar mindset as we do: You set a high bar for yourself, and expect others to do the same. You are creative, entrepreneurial and open to innovation. You are a critical thinker who understands that perfect is the enemy of the good. You work well in a team, but don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with any part of our existing tech stack
- Experience with Golang
- Affinity with big data analytics
- Affinity with secure development lifecycle principles
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.