Senior Audit and Consolidation Accountant
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hotel sector? 🚀
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Audit and Consolidation Accountant to join our finance team. The Accountant will lead the audit activities of the company and play a critical role in managing the consolidation process for multiple entities. This position requires a deep understanding of accounting principles, audit procedures, and financial consolidation techniques. As an Accountant, you are part of the accounting team in Ghent (6 people) and you will be assisting with the accounting of all 5 entities.
- Key person in Coordinating and managing the external audit process for our 6 operational and 1 holding entities, working closely with external auditors to ensure efficient and effective audits.
- Work closely with junior finance team members to provide and review the prepared audit documents
- Prepare complex audit schedules and provide necessary documentation and support during audits such as
- Lease and IFRS adjustments
- Goodwill impairment
- Going concern documents
- Valuation reports (in collaboration with external party)
- Financial Consolidation:
- Lead the consolidation of financial statements for multiple business entities, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g., GAAP or IFRS).
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Maintain and reconcile intercompany transactions and balances.
- Lead the consolidation integration of acquired M&A entities
- Process Improvement:
- Identify opportunities to streamline consolidation and audit processes, improving efficiency and accuracy.
- Implement best practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Team Collaboration:
- Work closely with other finance team members, including controllers, analysts, and accounting staff, to achieve financial objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, promoting professional development.
Competencies & qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field (Master's preferred), or equivalent through experience
- 8+ years of progressive experience in accounting, audit, and financial consolidation.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and standards, including GAAP or IFRS.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, Netsuite is a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proven experience with Excel
- Actively participating in the team
- Ability to work in an autonomous and responsible way
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, Dutch is a plus
- Ability for bigger picture thinking, advanced problem-solving, resilience, effective negotiation and educating stakeholders.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement. If you are a driven and detail-oriented individual with a passion for finance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We offer you a highly competitive compensation package that gets reevaluated every year;
“A day about you, away from your computer” is the motto for our annual Detox Days;
As hard working professionals, we trust in your sense of responsibility so no micromanaging but a flexible work environment;
Are you sad to leave your dog at home while you’re at work? We feel you! Use our puppy-schedule so we ensure a dog-friendly office with lots of cuddles and play time!
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.