Director of Sales - EMEA
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
OTA Insight is a leading business & market intelligence SaaS provider for the hospitality industry. Our clients include the full spectrum of hotel types, from independently owned to major chains like Melia, NH, Marriott, Hilton, Accor such as IHG.
Today OTA Insight is present in more than 185+ countries and serves more than 65,000 hotels. Additionally we have acquired a leading provider in the STR (short term rental space) that gives us a comprehensive view into all accommodation types globally. We process over 3 billion data points daily, providing unique insights to our customers that improve their top & bottom line.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader with a proven track record of success to lead our sales team in EMEA through a combination of proven sales practices, industry relationships and leadership skills. The right person for this position is a consensus builder and can represent our culture and values both internally and in the marketplace. Our company was founded in Ghent, Belgium, we have a large business and customer footprint throughout Europe. This is highly visible and critical position to lead our future growth plans
The Director of Sales - EMEA will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. Our goal is to grow EMEA into a 12-15M GBP region in the next 24 months. This person has to have a proven track record of quota achievement, has experience with high growth organizations, can manage teams through change and has the ability to evolve sales teams to meet future go-to-market priorities.
You will lead and influence a team of 40 sales professionals across the EMEA region and be able to work within a matrix organization to align sales efforts with Marketing, Account Management, HR, Product and Engineering. Our sales model consists of both high volume, transactional sales as well as complex Enterprise sales to key clients, the leader of this team must understand the mechanics of both sales motions. This position will be a key contributor within the OTA Insight Management Team.
- As a Sales Director, you are primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of Regional Sales Managers and a best-in-class sales team who are able to consistently achieve quota in a SaaS company
- Develop a strategic plan for delivering growth in the Region, identifying key markets for future growth, and an increase of the monthly run rate. Design regional strategies to improve product mix balance and increase ARPU
- Measure and manage key business KPIs and sales targets and ensure that reps are able to clearly understand the definition of success
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Managers to improve day-to-day sales strategies including territory management, customer management, and opportunity management
- Ensure pipeline health and velocity by implementing established processes to ensure pipeline hygiene, prospecting and discovery discipline
- Run weekly forecast calls that allow for an accurate monthly and quarterly sales forecast. Be a key contributor to the implementation of an SDR program and Specialist team in your territory
- Work closely with Sales Operations and the Sales Enablement manager to effectively ramp new hires, support slow ramping and low performing reps in order to develop individual plans and improve performance
- Work closely with field marketing and corporate marketing to ensure strong communication and collaboration between the two teams to maximize the performance of the lead funnel
- Work in other lines of business to ensure the long term success of our customers, maintaining a high retention rate
- Focus on weekly one-on-ones that help regional managers in all areas of sales success and personal growth
- Be a culture carrier, promoting OTA Insight’s values, vision and mission. Motivate your team and focus on employee development initiatives that promote individual success and long term retention. Make sure that reps have a clear understanding of their performance.
- Develop strategies for future growth and be able to implement change management strategies the results in improved rep efficiency and productivity
- Focus on KPI’s and OKR’s to provide disciplined leadership for the sales reps and managers
- Effectively launch new products into the market that provide future growth opportunities or the company
- Be able to effectively and passionately represent OTA Insight at conferences, events and customer meetings
- At least 8 - 10 years sales management experience, preferably with experience managing managers and high growth organizations
- Leadership skills that motivate sales representative to go the extra mile for you and the company
- Strong understanding of sales fundamentals
- Understand SaaS sales KPIs and how to impact them
- Successful track record of achieving quota as a sales manager
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Data driven approach to sales management
- Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills, sales skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to teach, coach, mentor and motivate individual reps and with others in the company
- Strong presentation skills
- Selling to the hospitality industry is a strong plus
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!