Data Science Team Lead
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
We are looking for a Data Science Team Lead who is passionate about driving innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within their team and the wider organisation and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100.000’s of hotels worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Lead and manage a team of data scientists to explore and develop new products for the hospitality industry.
- Assist with the onboarding of new joiners and engage in the recruitment process for new hires in your or other teams.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into data-driven solutions.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, analytics, and marketing.
- Communicate complex data science concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Set team goals and ensure they are aligned with company objectives.
- Collaborate on developing and implementing data science best practices and processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest data science technologies and methodologies.
- Drive a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
About the team
The OTA Insight Data R&D team is a team within our wider engineering team. Its mission is to maximise the power of data to create data driven culture in the industry and inside OTA Insight by providing support to existing solutions and drive innovation to reach our company and product goals.
The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward. We have offices in Ghent and Brussels, and as an engineer, you'll find most of your peers there (unless they're working from home or remote).
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
Benefits of working at OTA Insight
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide;
- The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up;
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices;
- Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company;
- A choose-your-own transportation budget should you choose to come to the office;
- A highly competitive compensation package.
- 5+ years of experience in a data science role, with at least 1 year of experience in a leadership role;
- High-energy professional with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex data science concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage and mentor a team of data scientists;
- Strong experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, and data visualisation;
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python);
- Good software engineering practices, e.g. use of version control;
- Strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills;
- Fluent in English;
- EU Work Permit.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams at high growth companies to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities, productionize recommendations;
- Experience solving problems with real-world data;
- Experience with data engineering frameworks like Airflow and GCP solutions like BQ and VertexAI.
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!