Full-Stack Java Engineer
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
Are you passionate about development, scalable data architectures, complex data transformations, and handling large data streams on the fly - all to deliver the best BI solutions in the hospitality industry? Great, then read on!
About the team:
The Triometric team at OTA Insight maintains and develops a pipeline of real time data to give valuable insights into the health and performance of our customers' business and technology infrastructure. Its mission is to reliably monitor, transform, aggregate and store real time search and booking data that powers our deep analysis BI product - Triometric. We are able to consume data from a number of inputs, from piecing together TCP packets or ingesting messages from a kafka queue. Some installations monitor up to 3 billion transactions a day to be reported on in near real time, sometimes as little as 2 minutes behind the transaction occurring. This reporting is integral to the running of our customers' business to be able to spot real time issues as well as plan for the future in terms of marketing, rates and inventory. The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward.
Today we process billions of data points containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
About OTA Insight:
OTA Insight is a scale-up within the hotel industry. Founded in 2012, with a vision to provide user friendly tools to hoteliers. Today we are considered the global leader in hotel BI and are working with 50,000+ hotels worldwide in 168 countries. As there are more than 1 million hotels worldwide, we are still filled with ambition to grow further.
We generate value to our customers by visualising actionable insights out of our vast datasets. Our tools help hotels to analyse their competition’s room pricing, analyse their hotel revenue, and find out where and when guests are looking and booking. Our products have a profound impact on the day to day activities of our customers, taking away guesswork and simplifying their routines. This has allowed us to grow rapidly over the past few years, adding new products as we solve new problems for our users.
We are looking for a Full-stack Java Engineer who is passionate about engineering elegant and scalable programs, data architectures, complex data transformations, and handling large data streams on the fly, and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100,000’s of hotels worldwide.
In a fast-growing scale-up priorities might shift from time to time. You’ll gain experience and ownership in different domains depending on your ambition, but here are some general topics:
- Research and test data processing methodologies, tools and frameworks;
- Implement streaming and batch data processing pipelines;
- SaaS and microservices architectures;
- Clean, analyse and extract datasets from external sources;
- Guarantee data integrity and quality by extending our logging, monitoring and outlier detection systems;
- Deploy and monitor applications in a reproducible and scalable way;
- Experiment, think about, and take ownership of a piece of our tech stack/infrastructure and find ways to improve it;
- Provide support to your team members and other teams in the company. We have a very open and flat structure and have a very short feedback loop on both internal and customer questions.
Technologies you’ll work with:
- Java, web frameworks (such as JSF, AngularJS), Google cloud, SQL, Docker, UNIX
- Opportunities to work with:
- C, Kafka, Python, Elasticsearch, AWS Lambda
The toolset we use:
Gitlab, Gitlab-CI, JIRA, Sonarqube, Snyk, Grafana, Zabbix
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
We are not looking for existing knowledge, but rather for the right mindset and potential:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a software engineering field;
- Experience writing Java code;
- Fluency in SQL;
- Affinity with big data;
- You set a high bar for yourself, and expect others to do the same. You’ll find we have an exceptionally talented team and are constantly looking for the best people to join;
- You are passionate about what you do. What unites us is our passion for technology and applying it to solve hard problems;
- You are creative, entrepreneurial and open to innovation. We strongly believe that everything can be improved. We expect you to think and learn about new technologies, and take initiative to try and suggest new things;
- You are a critical thinker who understands that perfect is the enemy of the good. We don’t over-engineer, but we do whatever it takes to achieve our goals.;
- You work well in a team, but don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You’ll quickly learn that we have a very open culture where everyone can be reached out to for help, ideas, feedback and much more. But everyone takes responsibility for their own work;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with any cloud platform;
- Experience with UNIX based OSs;
- Experience using web frameworks;
- Good experience or an interest in processing large volumes of data;
- Experience with TDD;
- Knowledge of the most recent Java features (e.g. Record classes)
As we are a growth company, we offer:
- A flexible environment that enables you to grow over time and define your role in the way you enjoy it most;
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive;
- Ease of mind as we truly care about our team, e.g. by offering private health insurance from AXA;
- An opportunity to make an impact on the entire hospitality industry with 100,000’s of hotels worldwide;
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded and passionate about what they do
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!