Senior UX Designer
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
About the position:
As a Senior UX Designer you will have a direct impact on our product strategy and roadmap by collaborating in the end-to-end product process with your Product Management, User Research and Engineering colleagues. You’ll not only take the experience of our products to the next level, but you’ll also be an advocate for design culture throughout the organisation.
As a Senior User Designer you will…
- work in a cross-functional team to identify and solve complex problems for both existing and new products in a way that delights our users and drives our commercial goals
- keep us moving towards a more User Centred way of working as you lead by example by running the product design process end-to-end together with our User Research team and your Product Management colleagues
- take up an active role in the user research and testing process ensure the usability and effectiveness of your designs
- safeguard a consistent, elegant and high-quality user experience and product vision as you add to and improve our product portfolio
- own the performance of your designs by following up on key metrics together with the core project team and adjusting your solutions accordingly
- support and coach your more junior colleagues in the craft of UX design through constructive feedback and by pairing on more complex projects
- contribute to our up and coming design system from an interaction point of view
Benefits of working at OTA Insight
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide
- The chance to grow and evolve the design culture at a fast-growing scale-up
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices
- Lunch, on us, every day you’re at the Ghent office
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium
- A highly competitive compensation package, obviously
You will be a great fit for this role if you…
- have 5+ years of relevant design experience, ideally in B2B/B2C SaaS, enterprise software or within a digital product agency.
- can showcase concrete examples of your end-to-end design process on a feature, product or project and the resulting impact on the user and/or business.
- make decisions at a high pace based on the right balance of judgement, user research and usage data.
- are able to learn from and collaborate with multiple departments. Knowing when to push and when to let go.
- can work independently and handle accountability well.
- have an affinity with insights and data visualisation, even if you have no prior experience in this field.
- are comfortable in a mentoring position where other design colleagues will look at you for guidance and advice.
- are familiar with design systems and component libraries and are able to use and contribute to them.
- are fluent in both written and spoken English.
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!