Senior Counsel, Corporate and Governance
The Legal, Compliance, and Corporate Affairs (LCCA) team is seeking a highly motivated attorney to assist with financing transactions, corporate governance, and other corporate transactional matters in a fast paced, high-energy environment. This is a fiduciary role that helps ensure GHX complies with relevant laws and regulations. The Senior Counsel, Corporate and Governance, will monitor and advise on trends in business performance, evolving regulatory requirements, and best practices for governance and disclosure. The individual in this role will work closely with senior leadership and key leaders in the LCCA to draft and maintain corporate documents; negotiate and draft agreements; identify and resolve legal issues; and develop efficient legal processes; all while balancing legal and business needs and risks. The Senior Counsel, Corporate and Governance, will have the opportunity to work as a “corporate generalist” and build an array of critical corporate legal skills.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· J.D. required.
· Admission to, and in good standing in, any state bar in the United States.
· A minimum of 5 years of general corporate experience, including at least 3 years of securities regulation experience, preferably including substantial law firm experience.
· Familiarity with mergers and acquisitions and/or strategic corporate transactions, including support of structuring transactions and overall due diligence.
· Experience working at or with public and/or private equity-backed corporations.
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person to all levels of the business, including senior management.
· Ability to be nimble and adaptable to a variety of legal questions and concerns.
· A high integrity, low ego, team player who takes a collaborative approach to problem solving.
· Hard working, well organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
· Ability to manage and prioritize requests and oversee and improve complex business and legal processes under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent academic credentials.
· Executive compensation experience.
· Understanding of technology transactions and delivery of SaaS products.
· Prior in-house, corporate legal department experience a plus, but not required.
The compensation range for Senior Counsel, Corporate and Governance is $185,000 - $210,000.
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.