Executive Director Engineering, Invoicing and Payments
GHX Executive Directors are responsible for the overall development, operations and leadership of software engineering teams in support of a core GHX product. They serve as a technical counterpart to the business unit’s General Manager (GM). They are responsible for the outcomes the team generates through work quality, work cadence, engineering excellence, process excellence, and continuous improvement. They embody the company’s values, are excellent communicators, lead from the front, and galvanize teams to action.
This role is responsible for GHX’s payment technology platform, ePay. ePay is a B2B Payments solution in the Healthcare ecosystem that enables payments between healthcare Providers and Healthcare Suppliers. As an engineering leader of ePay, you will help recruit a world class team, set standards for high quality code and quality assurance, provide technical guidance to the team, monitor team progress in an Agile environment, and ensure timely delivery of software. You will partner with the GM of the business and work hand in hand with product management to define and execute a multi-year product roadmap for the ePay product.
- Manage ePay development teams comprising of Engineering Managers, Engineers, Quality Assurance, SREs and Business Analysts.
- Lead cross-functionally across business stakeholders, product management, sales, operations and support in pursuit of quarterly and annual OKRs.
- Attract, recruit and retain excellent talent in partnership with talent acquisition team.
- Deliver quality releases for ePay with minimal defect leakage into production.
- Enhance resiliency and stability of ePay platform in an AWS cloud-based environment.
- Enhance quality of ePay codebase by aggressively targeting technical debt.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports to provide clear goals, success criteria, provide constructive feedback, and engender open communication.
- Develop partnership with Product Management leaders and align technology organization’s objectives with the product roadmap.
- Mentor and help in career development of managers and individual contributors.
Qualifications & Desired Experience
- 7+ years of leadership experience leading software development managers and multiple teams of software engineers.
- Previous hands-on software development experience required.
- Deep knowledge of web development stacks and persistence mechanisms (datastores, caching etc.)
- Solid experience across a variety of software architectures, especially SaaS applications (event based, pub-sub etc.)
- Hands-on experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including cross-functionally and presenting to an executive audience.
- Strong conflict management skills such as formalizing agreements, active listening, and mediating, especially in uncertain and ambiguous situations.
- Experience working with global teams spanning time zones (ideally India and Europe).
- Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to frame open ended problems, and find solutions anticipating current and future needs.
- Executive presence in interactions with senior leadership including the GHX executive leadership team.
- Exposure to PCI Compliance, SOC 2, HITRUST or similar security certifications and requirements
- Prior experience with a .Net application stack and AWS is preferred.
- Payments experience is not required but is a plus
Estimated Salary Range for this Position: $144,000- $206,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.