Tax Manager (Hybrid)
The Tax Manager works across a variety of tax areas with emphasis in corporate income tax and ASC 740. This position reports to the Tax Director and will manage tax workstreams to ensure compliance with tax laws and financial reporting requirements in an accurate and timely fashion. The Tax Manager will also be involved in tax forecasting, planning, integration work, and managing special projects as they arise. This role does not currently have direct reports but does require reviewer level and project management experience.
- Prepare and manage information requests related to the corporate income tax returns and income tax provision
- Work directly with internal teams and external tax consultants on projects, deliverables, tax issues
- Support financial statement audit by assisting with tax requests / documentation
- Assist with tax integration work related to acquired companies
- Document tax processes and procedures
- Help resolve tax issues and perform technical research
- Identify process improvements to drive efficiency and accuracy
- Oversee and help manage indirect tax work performed by external consultants / other teams
- Coordinate with Accounting and other internal teams to obtain / prepare tax data, calculations, and workpapers for the Company’s income tax returns and tax provision
- Review tax deliverables and supporting schedules / calculations prepared by external tax firms
- Manage and prepare tax filing calendars / trackers
- Manage and respond to tax notices
- Contribute to tax department budgeting and planning
- Prepare cash tax forecasting schedules
- Review monthly reconciliations related to the Company's sales and use tax compliance obligations, and related responsibilities
- Prepare / review quarterly transfer pricing calculations
- Other duties as assigned
- Keen attention to detail and ability to self-review
- Be able to prioritize and proactively stay in front of deadlines
- Cultivated communication skills
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and accept new challenges
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes in the business and tax regulatory environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- At least 5-7 years of relevant tax experience
- Experience with preparing consolidated corporate income tax returns, partnership income tax returns, and US international reporting
- Experience with financial statement audits and reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of tax code and US GAAP
- CPA certification and MS in Tax
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Corporate income tax experience
- Income tax provision (ASC 740) knowledge and experience
- Indirect tax experience / knowledge
- Experience with financial statement audits
Estimated Salary range for this position: $110,000 - $125,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Something looks off?