Data Engineer II
GHX’s Value Analysis and Strategic Sourcing (VA&SS) solution is at the forefront of clinical decision making for medical devices. We offer evidence-based software solutions and services that empower health systems across the US to reduce unwarranted variation and provide high-value care for their patients.
The ETL-focused Data Engineer II will work on some of our most impactful data problems alongside other ETL engineers and analysts. This role will support development, execution, and monitoring of scalable, automated pipelines for collecting data from our healthcare system subscribers and third-party data sources. We treat these resources as a product to provide accurate and timely data for internal teams and externally to our clients. Our stack includes Clover, Kubernetes, Redis, Postgres, and Python and we manage our work through AWS tools and Docker.
You will thrive if you love exploring datasets, applying novel data management processes, identifying and implementing performance improvements, and collaborating cross-functionally to solve challenging data engineering problems in healthcare.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate, analyze and load customer data into production environments.
- Contribute to backend and ETL development effort of our data platform.
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop, and maintain HIPAA-compliant, scalable, performant, and reliable data pipelines and ETL processes using SQL, CloverETL, Python, and cloud services and tools (AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake).
- Collaborate with cross functional peers and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in the domain of healthcare data and communicate the intricacies and downstream impacts of this data to stakeholders.
- Work with business and technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests, applying agile principles to iterate quickly and obtain feedback.
- Working with product management and design teams through the full cycle of data system or software development in an agile development environment.
- Map healthcare data to proprietary data structures, assess data quality, support data cleansing, and collaborate on development of QA test plans for incoming and stored data.
- Take initiative in own work and analyze business requirements, work with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
- Ship well-tested, secure, and maintainable code by utilizing development practices such as unit testing, code review, code deployment and technical documentation to create high-quality output.
- Collaborate with peers to deploy code in a containerized, continuous integration, and automated deployment environment (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience doing data engineering, building business intelligence applications with exceptional SQL, Postgres/SQL, and/or Python skills.
- Experience doing ETL development in a big data environment.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including documentation, reports, and presentations.
- Thorough understanding of, and support for, Agile development methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven data engineering, problem solving, and analysis skills.
- Strong demonstrable SQL skills and experience with ETL tools such as CloverDX, SSIS, etc.
- Experience with automated test frameworks (pgTAP, tSQLt) and monitoring tools and procedures in a data infrastructure environment (such as Datadog, Great Expectations).
- Experience with scripting languages such as python is a plus.
- AWS and Snowflake experience is a plus.
- Operate as an empathetic team player, contributing to team objectives, displaying trust and mutual understanding, accepting feedback, and handling disagreement constructively.
- Articulate technical concepts, designs, and data issues to cross-functional teams who have varying levels of technical experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to present solutions with both technical and non-technical arguments.
- Familiarity with healthcare data rules and standards (such as HIPAA) from working with health or healthcare data (healthcare supplies procurement, purchasing, logistics, or data from EHR/EMR systems like Epic or Cerner) is a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishing goals, meeting deadlines, and holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $75,000 - $100,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Something looks off?